Welcome to the ArchWiki: your source for Arch Linux documentation on the web.
Visit the Table of contents for a listing of article categories.
- Arch Linux
- Overview of Arch Linux describing what to expect from an Arch Linux system.
- Frequently asked questions
- Notable questions and facts about the distribution.
- Arch compared to other distributions
- Summarizes the similarities and differences between Arch and other distributions.
- Arch Linux press coverage
- What they say about us.
- Beginners' guide
- Detailed guide through the whole process of installing and configuring Arch Linux.
- Installation guide
- Concise installation guide aimed at experienced Arch users.
- General recommendations
- Annotated index of post-installation tutorials and other popular articles.
- List of applications
- Categorized presentation of common official and AUR packages.
- Code of conduct
- Guidelines for the Arch community.
- Getting involved
- Describes various ways Archers can contribute to the Arch community.
- If willing and able to contribute to the wiki, please see this article for ideas.
- Short tutorial on editing and contributing to the Arch Linux wiki.
- International communities
- Collection of links to the Arch Linux communities around the world.
- IRC channels
- Get together with your fellow Archers for a good chat.
ArchWiki pages follow specific conventions, so if you have trouble reading ArchWiki or understanding some instructions, see Help:Reading for a clarification.
If looking for specific information, try using the search box to the left. Alternatively, use your favorite web search engine which likely provides a special syntax or interface for restricting results to a particular website (usually appending
site:wiki.archlinux.org to the search terms is enough). See Help:Searching for other tricks.