Welcome to the ArchWiki: your source for Arch Linux documentation on the web.
Visit the Table of contents for a listing of article categories.
- Arch Linux
- Overview of Arch Linux describing what to expect from an Arch Linux system.
- Frequently asked questions
- Notable questions and facts about the distribution.
- Arch compared to other distributions
- Summarizes the similarities and differences between Arch and other distributions.
- Arch Linux press coverage
- What they say about us.
- Beginners' guide
- Detailed guide through the whole process of installing and configuring Arch Linux.
- Installation guide
- Concise installation guide aimed at experienced Arch users.
- General recommendations
- Annotated index of post-installation tutorials and other popular articles.
- List of applications
- Categorized presentation of common official and AUR packages.
- Getting involved
- Describes various ways Archers can contribute to the Arch community.
- If willing and able to contribute to the wiki, please see this article for ideas.
- Short tutorial on editing and contributing to the Arch Linux wiki.
- International communities
- Collection of links to the Arch Linux communities around the world.
- Forum etiquette
- Guidelines for Arch forum members.
- IRC channels
- Get together with your fellow Archers for a good chat.
ArchWiki pages follow specific conventions, so if you have trouble reading ArchWiki or understanding some instructions, see Help:Reading for a clarification.
If looking for specific information, try using the search box to the left. Alternatively, use your favorite web search engine which likely provides a special syntax or interface for restricting results to a particular website (usually appending
site:wiki.archlinux.org to the search terms is enough). See Help:Searching for other tricks.
Registrations of new accounts suspended temporarily
The registrations of new accounts for this wiki have been temporarily suspended due to repeated spam attacks. In order to create an account, check if your desired user name is available. Then, you can either join #archlinux-wiki on Freenode and ask one of the administrators in there to create the user for you (exchange your email details via pm), or you can email an administrator directly.
Hopefully, this will only be a short term workaround. Thank you for your patience.