A list of reproducible build meetings and work in progress documentation.
- Arch Linux Archive cleanup script
- A script to remove only packages from the Archive which are not required to create a reproducible build of the current repository. There is currently no Archive cleanup script in place at all. It's not determined yet how long Arch Linux wants to keep Archive packages around, so this should be configurable. Sangy already made a script to determine packages which can be removed or not according to BUILDINFO files
- Arch Linux Reproducible script
- A script to locally reproduce an installed package
- Resolve reproducible build issues
- Documentation about reproducing a build
Agenda meeting 10-01-2018
- UTF-8 failures with Python.
- There are a lot of reproducible build issues due to the lack of LANG=$lang-UTF-8. Do we need to explicitly set the LANG in the PKGBUILD
- See for example https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/archlinux/community/python-cssselect2/build1.log
- Package disorderfs
- Not high important right now, I've added it on my todolist. This could be used later in combination with the reproducible build script
- Pacman release
- How do we convince the Pacman team to create a new release, are there any known blockers they waiting on?
- Reproducible build script progress
- Discuss what the script exactly should do, create an RFC? To describe it's functionality.
- FIXME: add issues I encountered.
- Arch Linux Archive: Don't remove packages mentioned in BUILDINFO file
- There is currently no script to remove old packages from the archive, it is not sure how long we want to keep old packges
- Sangy was working on this if I recall correctly, what is the status? poc script
- Write documentation what this script should do. (Specification)
- Killed builds
- Someone should investigate this, how do we reproduce this locally? Hints?
- SSL verification issues
- How do we circumvent SSL issues from reproducing a package locally which was build earlier, when the SSL certificate was valid. HG and SVN are still left to be fixed.
- Create a public to-do list
- We should get more people in to work on reproducible builds, how can we guide them and where do we keep track of the progress made and issues which require attention.