Does this page need to be improved?
Firstly, shouldn't this page be moved to Help:Categories? I think usage of plural form of nouns is more common to ArchWiki and will be more consistent with other pages. — blackx (talk|contribs) 14:41, 23 December 2014 (UTC)
- According to Help:Style#Title, the title should indeed better be "Help:Categories", just like mw:Help:Categories, even though Wikipedia still seems to be undecided, having a main Wikipedia:Help:Category and a separate Wikipedia:Help:Categories. Any objections? -- Kynikos (talk) 05:39, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
Also, I've found this article not very helpful since it's not clearly describes some moments like:
- That in MediaWiki categories are simply pages of "Caterogy:" namespace, that are just handled in some special way.
- Explanation of adding/moving page to categories is too complicated: I think it's enough to explain that the simply editing a list of "special" category links in source code does all the magic, whenever the category page actually created or not.
- I agee with these points, you are welcome to implement them :) -- Kynikos (talk) 05:31, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
- Where to place category links in source code? Need to provide some generic example containing Template:Lowercase title, interlang. links and Related articles block.
- Stucture of categories in ArchWiki: hierarchy of "maintenance" and "thematical" categories; some notes about common root category (Category:Languages) and language-specific root categories (ex. Category:English).
- The order of elements in the header of an article is regulated by Help:Style#Layout.
- Root categories are defined in Help:Style#Category pages.
- Help:Style is linked from the introduction.
- We've never divided categories between "maintenance" and "thematical", maybe you want to elaborate on that.
- -- Kynikos (talk) 05:31, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
- Some recommendations about when the new categories should and when shouldn't be created. How user could find appropriate category for its newly created article?
- References to MediaWiki documentation.