The Lumina Desktop Environment (Lumina for short) is a lightweight, XDG-compliant, BSD-licensed desktop environment that focuses specifically on streamlining the ability to get work done while minimizing system overhead. As of version 0.8.0+, it requres Qt 5, the Fluxbox window manager, and uses a small number of X utilities for various tasks, such as numlockx and xscreensaver.
Lumina's features include:
- Very little system overhead.
- Intelligent "favorites" system for creating quick shortcuts to applications, files, and directories.
- ZFS file restore functionality through the "Insight" file manager.
- Desktop system is plugin-based, which is similar to Android or other modern operating systems.
- Simple access to operating system-specific functionality such as screen brightness, audio volume, and battery status.
To install the Lumina Desktop environment, simply installAUR or AUR from the AUR.
Launching the Lumina Desktop Environment
For information visit the xinitrc wiki page
Bugs should be reported to Lumina's repository on Github.