This page lists various network tools. ping and ip are covered by Network configuration.
Traceroute is a tool to display the path of packets across an IP network.
There are several implementations available:
- from (required by )
- MTR — Combines the functionality of traceroute and ping into one tool.
See also Wikipedia:Netcat.
- GNU Netcat — GNU rewrite of netcat, the network piping application. Does not support IPv6.
- LibreSSL netcat — Low level UDP/TCP connection tool with support for TLS protocol.
- https://www.libressl.org || AUR
- Ncat — Netcat implementation from Nmap project.
- OpenBSD netcat — TCP/IP swiss army knife. OpenBSD variant.
A more complex alternative is.
See also Wikipedia:WHOIS.
- whois — Intelligent WHOIS client.
- jwhois — An Internet Whois client