OpenStack is a global collaboration of developers and cloud computing technologists producing the ubiquitous open source cloud computing platform for public and private clouds. The project aims to deliver solutions for all types of clouds by being simple to implement, massively scalable, and feature rich. The technology consists of a series of interrelated projects delivering various components for a cloud infrastructure solution
AUR.AUR is available in the
Swift is not available in Arch, yet.
AUR.is available in the
Official Openstack images are available from most popular distributions of GNU/Linux.
Images for Arch are work in progress. http://linuximages.de/openstack/arch/ has experimental images for download.
OpenStack images need to meet certain requirements. An image can be prepared manually or with help from a tool.
For a tool, image-bootstrap with the
--openstack parameter may be of help. As of 2015-06-24, resulting images are still in experimental stage.
For manual creation, the essential steps are:
- Partitioning a disk with a single ext3/4 partition.
- Installing a base system (e.g. using
pacstrapof ) to it
- Installing a boot loader (e.g. GRUB or extlinux)
- Installing and configuring cloud-init
- Adding an unpriviliged user able to run sudo without a password
- Installing SSH server
- Adjusting initramfs creation and regenerating initramfs images
- Disabling the
autodetecthook (since autodetection works differently from a chroot)
- Either activating hook
growfsfrom AUR or installing
growpartfrom AUR and have cloud-init do resizing by itself
- Disabling the
- Making services start automatically (e.g. using
systemctl enable ...)
- Deleting generated keys (i.e. those of the SSH server and pacman); optionally generating new ones during first boot
- Delete machine IDs (
/var/lib/dbus/machine-id) so that two systems are not mistaken for the same thing