- Hi, list optional dependency in Arch Wiki is not recommended because it is already listed in pacman command output. And every Arch user should/must read pacman output log. So usually there is no need to mention every optional dependency.
However, if you think the optional function is very important for most users, you can add them.
- Well, rddtools is not mentioned in /var/log/pacman.log, but indeed it is referred to by
pacman -Si backuppc. Maybe BackupPC may run in a very basic manner, but even storing a new configuration from the CGI interface s not possible withaout a found rddtools, so I'd consider rddtools a real dependency.
When digging deeper into the BackupPC installation I found that rsync-bpc is also required for rsync transfer, which will used almost certainly for an Linux backup. So I think rsync-bpc should also be considered a dependency, but currently it can be found and built only the github sources.
pacman -S backuppcinstalls rsync_bpc to /usr/share/backuppc/bin/. --Langen (talk) 07:22, 25 October 2017 (UTC)
- Oh, I mean the pacman console output. See a related topic: Talk:Pacman#pacman.log.
- Like I said, if this function is important, you can add it into the pag with a short explaination.
- --Fengchao (talk) 02:50, 26 October 2017 (UTC)