Printer specific information
Wouldn't it be better to direct people to openprinting.org and to suggest contributing missing information there, if applicable? Maintaining a very partial list of information about specific printers seems an exercise in futility. Unless, of course, there are Arch-specific issues here, which is different (e.g. how to do X with `pacman` or whatever). That is, shouldn't openprinting.org be the *first* port of call, rather than a last resort? --cfr (talk) 03:42, 27 September 2016 (UTC)
- 99% of this page are package tables, which are very Arch-specific. -- Lahwaacz (talk) 06:24, 27 September 2016 (UTC)
- I seem to recall discussing this originally... <digs through the archive> <finds year old discussion>
- See , specifically .
- openprinting.org is great and should be expanded; also, all the bugs, duplicate printers, broken forums, etc should be fixed :)
- The link to openprinting.org is not particular prominent; I've added an explicit note to encourage people to add to the database (). I'm also tired, so feel free to improve it if necessary!
- The idea for this page is that it can provide notes for specific drivers (eg hplip notes, packaging notes) and link to the corresponding AUR packages, if there is one; in that sense, it is more direct than the round trip through openprinting + searching through AUR, and (for example) can link to packages in AUR archive if needed -- Pypi (talk) 06:38, 27 September 2016 (UTC)