From ArchWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

For use with lighttpd

I used this config for setting it up with lighttpd (/etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf). Is somebody else needs anything specific please indicate.

# This is a minimal example config
# See /usr/share/doc/lighttpd
# and

server.port             = 80
server.username         = "http"
server.groupname        = "http"
server.document-root    = "/srv/http"
server.errorlog         = "/var/log/lighttpd/error.log"
dir-listing.activate    = "enable"
index-file.names        = ( "index.html" )
mimetype.assign         = (
                                ".html" => "text/html",
                                ".txt" => "text/plain",
                                ".css" => "text/css",
                                ".js" => "application/x-javascript",
                                ".jpg" => "image/jpeg",
                                ".jpeg" => "image/jpeg",
                                ".gif" => "image/gif",
                                ".png" => "image/png",
                                "" => "application/octet-stream"
include "conf.d/cgi.conf"
include "
include "conf.d/fastcgi.conf"
server.modules += (     "mod_alias",
alias.url = ( "/cacti" => "/usr/share/webapps/cacti" )
#alias.url += ( "/phpmyadmin" => "/usr/share/webapps/phpMyAdmin/")

Using mysqli as database_type

Going through this tutorial I also had to change the $database_type with config.php to "mysqli".

$database_type = "mysqli";

Otherwise Cacti will complain about missing mysql_pconnect() functionality. Maybe someone can verify this and incorporate it into the article?

—This unsigned comment is by Johnpatcher (talk) 2016-10-12. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Sounds like a logical change. The current PHP no longer supports the old mysql module so it is to be expected that it no longer works.
I've added it to the page, thanks for reporting!
Lonaowna (talk) 18:25, 12 October 2016 (UTC)

Cacti login issues

As of a Feb 12 Cacti update (0.8.8_h-1 -> 1.0.1-1), Cacti no longer lets me login due to session errors. From this issue reported on github, it appears to be a problem with php 7.1 and Cacti 1.0 which at this time is still unresolved. Not sure if you want to flag this on the main wiki page until it gets resolved - otherwise I think people following the wiki instructions currently will have failed installs.

Also note in my testing with Cacti 1.0, the config.php 'database_type' seems to require 'mysql' again instead of 'mysqli'. Would love for someone else to confirm so the wiki can be updated.