Terminology Section ?
Should there be a Section how to use the module quick access in relation of the Terminology Console to set up a drop down console ? Because aur packages like this: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/terminology-guake-git/?setlang=de Are a sign that this method is not well known ...
- I don't know about a Terminology section, but a section on how to use the Quick Access plugin would be appropriate. Terminology isn't part of Enlightenment, so I don't think it makes sense to add a section specifically about it here.
- Scimmia (talk) 03:48, 14 August 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, I will look forward to write something about the plugin in the next week.
- Bu5hm4n (talk) 10:26, 14 August 2013 (UTC)
- There could be, but it's pretty rough right now. Setting it up is as simple as installing enlightenment-wayland-git from the AUR, then running enlightenment_start_wayland at a tty (without X running).
- Scimmia (talk) 05:51, 12 October 2014 (UTC)
Gnome Keyring integration
With Enlightenment 0.19 the small hack of exporting the env. variable by editing the ~/.profile is no longer needed.
Therefore, steps to integrate Gnome Keyring:
- install gnome-keyring and libgnome-keyring from official repo;
- start gnome-keyring-daemon with PAM and ~/.xinitrc as described in the gnome-keyring wiki (this step is needed only if you don't use a display manager);
- enable Certificate and Key Storage, GPG Password Agent, SSH Key Agent and Secret Storage Service in Enlightenment start-up apps setting;
- make sure the startup order for applications using Gnome Keyring is below these services (e.g. ownClound client) in Settings Panel > Apps > Startup Applications > System > Order
NB: This was tested without a display manager. If you do use one, please advise if this works as well.
If you are unable to adjust volume from the shelf -> mixer in Enlightenment 20, adding your user to the audio group solves this problem. Normally, with systemd in place, this should have worked out of the box...