Anything required for Systemd?
Asking as it does not work properly for me withv36, whereas it's just fine with the old :
- No progress bar at boot
- Won't switch to the login prompt at tty1.
- Instead after fading out, the screen remains black for some sec, then the theme suddenly reappears.
- The tty can then be called manually — but with an entirely wrong framebuffer resolution, apparently the smallest.
- Nothing is displayed when rebooting/shutting down (as without fbsplash).
I'm using the binary Nvidia beta drivers, i. e. no KMS, without a fbcondecor-patched kernel.
GRUB Legacy lines:
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=/dev/disk/by-uuid/… resume=/dev/sda3 ro logo.nologo vga=794 splash=silent,fadein,fadeout,theme:arch-elegant init=/bin/systemd systemd.unit=multi-user.target quiet loglevel=3
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=/dev/disk/by-uuid/… resume=/dev/sda3 ro logo.nologo vga=794 console=tty1 quiet loglevel=3 splash=silent,fadein,fadeout,theme:arch-elegant
-- Misc 16:22, 10 October 2011 (EDT)
- I experienced these problems too when I was using an fbcondecor patched kernel with the proprietary drivers (non-beta version) and initscripts. Nowadays, I'm on systemd, so testing this as well as the fbcondecor not applying to all ttys is going to be during my winter break.
- ShadowKyogre (talk) 20:23, 17 November 2012 (UTC)