Anything required for Systemd?
Asking as it does not work properly for me withv36, whereas it's just fine with the old :
- No progress bar at boot
- Won't switch to the login prompt at tty1.
- Instead after fading out, the screen remains black for some sec, then the theme suddenly reappears.
- The tty can then be called manually — but with an entirely wrong framebuffer resolution, apparently the smallest.
- Nothing is displayed when rebooting/shutting down (as without fbsplash).
I'm using the binary Nvidia beta drivers, i. e. no KMS, without a fbcondecor-patched kernel.
GRUB Legacy lines:
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=/dev/disk/by-uuid/… resume=/dev/sda3 ro logo.nologo vga=794 splash=silent,fadein,fadeout,theme:arch-elegant init=/bin/systemd systemd.unit=multi-user.target quiet loglevel=3
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=/dev/disk/by-uuid/… resume=/dev/sda3 ro logo.nologo vga=794 console=tty1 quiet loglevel=3 splash=silent,fadein,fadeout,theme:arch-elegant
-- Misc 16:22, 10 October 2011 (EDT)
- I experienced these problems too when I was using an fbcondecor patched kernel with the proprietary drivers (non-beta version) and initscripts. Nowadays, I'm on systemd, so testing this as well as the fbcondecor not applying to all ttys is going to be during my winter break.
- ShadowKyogre (talk) 20:23, 17 November 2012 (UTC)
fbsplash has been deleted from the AUR
fbsplash has been deleted from the AUR because it is deprecated in favour of plymouth and does not build any more with recent versions of glibc (PRQ#17215, https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2020-January/036445.html), so this page can probably be deleted as well.