Delete Harmony and Kaffe chapters?
As we know these projects have long been discontinued (correct me if I'm wrong).
Can we delete these chapters?
-- Alesko 18 November 2012
- Harmony is clearly dead upstream. Kaffe might be, but I can't find an official announcement about it. I've removed the Harmony section.
- -- Jstjohn (talk) 18:19, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- https://github.com/kaffe/kaffe yea this project is not discontinued. It's just forgotten, frozen. Nevermind, we can literally call it dead, but not officially discontinued.
- -- Erkexzcx (talk) 09:43, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
Alternate rendering fix to "wmname LG3D"
This solution wrecks my xfce workspace switcher, but setting the environment variable _JAVA_AWT_WM_NONREPARENTING=1 fixes the rendering while leaving everything else intact.
- Can confirm that it wrecks the xfce workspace switcher. Erikbjare (talk) 12:17, 24 October 2015 (UTC)
Faced some sort of "rendering problem" on MATE few days ago. Wmname crashed MATE completely, but I found a nice fix on one of Linux Mint forums.
Here is git repo with description and sources. It's a simple jar that injects into Java X11 class and force it to return fixed, user defined string, instead of actual WM name.
Already posted PKGBUILD to AUR and think about posting this solution here. Is there anything special I should know/do before posting?
- Thanks for this info. It is about MATE so you should add it to MATE page.
- If there is any bug link about this, please add it too so after this is fixed. Such workaround could/should be removed.
- --Fengchao (talk) 07:08, 14 June 2014 (UTC)
- The trick here that it is not just about MATE, but another solution to Java#Impersonate another window manager.
- And as it's more accurate way (than wmname) to solve this problem, I think it should be marked as recomended.
- --Ffuugoo (talk) 09:32, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
Adding java to Installation section
Guys I think you forgot to mention AUR. Also goes AUR, AUR, AUR, AUR. Why wouldn't you add them? I don't want to add them by myself as this seems not really much important. and also in general "Installation" looks quite poor. I can give a try rewriting it as even some programs higly recommend to use oracle's JDK/JRE instead of openjre/openjdk :PAUR and AUR from the