Faced some sort of "rendering problem" on MATE few days ago. Wmname crashed MATE completely, but I found a nice fix on one of Linux Mint forums.
Here is git repo with description and sources. It's a simple jar that injects into Java X11 class and force it to return fixed, user defined string, instead of actual WM name.
Already posted PKGBUILD to AUR and think about posting this solution here. Is there anything special I should know/do before posting?
- Thanks for this info. It is about MATE so you should add it to MATE page.
- If there is any bug link about this, please add it too so after this is fixed. Such workaround could/should be removed.
- --Fengchao (talk) 07:08, 14 June 2014 (UTC)
- The trick here that it is not just about MATE, but another solution to Java#Impersonate another window manager.
- And as it's more accurate way (than wmname) to solve this problem, I think it should be marked as recomended.
- --Ffuugoo (talk) 09:32, 30 June 2014 (UTC)