Hello GS63 owners,
I've tried to install archlinux on this laptop and but I couldn't make it work because Intel driver refuses to detect my LCD. Could you list your hardware configuration?
My model comes with a Intel kaby lake i7 7700HQ. Two graphics cards, a Intel HD graphics 630 and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 max Q. Both Intel i915 and nouveau driver fail to load.
- I currently have Arch running on my GS63VR (2016 model) with an i7-6700HQ processor and Nvidia GTX 1060 (6GB) graphics card.
- I am running kernel 4.13.3 (package linux-4.13.3-1).
- I am using bumblebee for video driver management with packages (installing in this order using pacman resolves package conflicts with the default selections):
- bumblebee (bumblebee-3.2.1-15)
- mesa (mesa-17.2.1-3)
- nvidia (nvidia-387.12-1)
- xf86-video-intel (xf86-video-intel-1:2.99.917+781+gc8990575-1)
- lib32-virtualgl (lib32-virtualgl-2.5.2-2
- lib32-nvidia-utils (lib32-nvidia-utils-387.12-1)
- bbswitch (bbswitch-0.8-80)
- —This unsigned comment is by Wolfester (talk) 03:26, 5 October 2017. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Thank you for your reply. I guess we are running on different hardware, although we have the same laptop model. I'll try to update the wiki to reflect that the newer generation still isn't running 100% on the latest kernel. I'm currently discussing my issue here : https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=230541 Dccafe (talk) 13:48, 5 October 2017 (UTC)