Typically tcp port 25 SMTP will need to be opened for mail server to mail server communication, and tcp port 587 Submission will need to be opened for email clients or Mail User Agents (MUAs) relaying email through the server -- Srf21c (talk) 19:42, 8 July 2015 (UTC)srf21c
Use case with local spool mail sent locally and external mail sent via a relay
Just to let you know that I intend to add a section with hybrid local/relay configuration.
I'm new here, so please let me know if I missed something.
- Great to see your contribution. I think it could be formatted simpler. In arch, the user is expected to be capable, so for example giving a complete configuration is generally considered bad practice.
- I would suggest reading https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux#Principles and edit the section to be simpler.
- This also looks a bit weird: "send local email locally, I mean without...". Talking in first person is generally not a good way to write a wiki.
- I'll be notified of changes to the OpenSMTPD page, so I'll give hints if there's more you can improve :)
- Aude (talk) 11:32, 23 October 2016 (UTC)
- Nice, it reads much better now.
- Good luck on further improving the Arch Wiki, it's a lot of fun to fix small and big stuff here and there and see the improvements.
- For example I edited an MPD section today: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Music_Player_Daemon/Tips_and_tricks&diff=prev&oldid=455155
- Aude (talk) 16:00, 25 October 2016 (UTC)