Intention to update the Arch Oracle page
Hi, my intention is to gently start the update of Arch Wiki Oracle page. I already tried (with success) the installation and use of Oracle 12c RDBMS in Arch, using the updated Nederlands version of the wiki page.
- -- Saverio 2016-11-08
> fs.file-max = 6553600 why not 65536?
too many problems with this document
- there is a newer oracle version, also the aur package for oracle is out of date
- it's not necc. to write about installing the graphical environment
- too many dependencies not needed, like rpm and ksh
- sysctl section is missing sysctl -p, reboot is not necc. Not every value is correct.
- how to create the init script is missing
- strange chmod actions, and it's not a good idea to put oracle in sudoers like this
I am updating the dutch page right now
- -- inktvis75 2012-04-17
AUR package rpm changes to rpm-org
There's no rpm package, it should be rpm-org.