Talk:Sony Vaio Pro SVP-1x21
What's really going on with the usb ports?
This laptop was definitely not Arch friendly to me. After installing several different linux distros, I had a very crowded EFI partition and a laptop that would boot straight to Windows whatever I tried. I finally got a working Gummiboot setup going, so I tried adding that info to this page. On the other hand, Native command queueing, Wifi and the Lighting-bolt-USB all worked flawlessly for me. Pepijndevos (talk) 12:58, 7 November 2013 (UTC)
- I can confirm your observations, once successfully booted most hardware is working flawless, but its UEFI firmware crippled. Booting from both USB ports works for me, too. Thealchemist (talk) 10:56, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- I followed the wiki and everything is working with Multitouch_Displays#Gestures) However, I could not get the touchpad multitouch gestures working with AUR 183.amir (talk) 13:05, 23 May 2014 (UTC) AUR. (
- Thealchemist (talk) 10:56, 14 December 2014 (UTC) AUR did not work for me, so I used (works fine in GNOME).
Extension and rewrite
Hello, firstly I must admit that I am completely new to contributing to a Wiki, but now I feel the need to extend, update and correct this article with the experience I made with my SVP-1321-C5E. I think it would be sensible to list the things I observed. Maybe somebody can tell me, which information may be useful (or in which aspects might be based on wrong assumptions).
- booting from both USB ports is fine
- as far as I remember booting USB from security also works (I will check it again)
- installing GRUB did not work for me (last try with Ubuntu 13.10 Ubiquity-installer)
- efibootmgr does not function (modifications made do not affect boot process)
- Windows 8 command line tool "bcdedit" DOES work flawless
- 3.12 kernel is now LTS (update comment)
- the described way of switching sound cards does not help.
- I HAVE some trouble with sound and did not find a real fix (specifically switching sound device in GNOME to HDMI to watch videos in firefox works fine. but pulling out the video cable leads to a no-sound-issue in firefox. It can be fixed by removing ~/.config/pulse/* or sound device with HDMI cable put in again.)
- suggest instead/also??
- I'm afraid the discussion will not be checked as frequently as a forum and as the VAIO Pro aged for more than a year the interest is depleted a little... so I decided to start editing. Anybody angry with me can speak. Thealchemist (talk) 08:26, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
Toggle TouchPad via Fn+F1
I have a SVP1321. The procedure described in the wiki for toggling the touchpad via Fn+F1 did not work for me and needed some little tweaks.
I modified the first line of /etc/acpi/events/toggle-touchpad from
event=button/fnf1 FNF1 00000080
As described Here
This did the trick for me.
Don't forget to restart the ACPI daemon:
sudo /etc/init.d/acpid reload
Hope it helps.