Merge with NTP
- I'm against because then we should also merge OpenNTPD and Chrony and restructure the whole NTPd article because currently it's about the official server/client implementation (which is alternative to the others), not about the protocol in general. -- Kynikos (talk) 01:31, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
- I think it makes more sense to turn NTP into a meta-page describing the various alternatives rather than redirecting to the page for a specific implementation. thestinger (talk) 11:24, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
- What I've done is create Time#Time synchronization (+ several other edits to related articles), now what's left to do is change all the generic Special:WhatLinksHere/Network Time Protocol daemon redirects to point there, and fix the articles that where using them to refer explicitly to the specific ntpd implementation, otherwise they will then target the generic introduction.
- Another thing, I've left the introduction to the 11-minute mode in the description of ntpd only, because I'm not sure if the other implementations activate it. If you've got more information, please update the article or let me know here.
- -- Kynikos (talk) 03:54, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
I have seen this weird behaviour where "timedatectl set-ntp true" throws "Unonwn operation net-ntp". However using - "timedatectl set-ntp 1" worked. —This unsigned comment is by Gnufied (talk) 15:29, 2 August 2015 . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!