Talk:Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13.3 (2016)
Has anyone gotten the 2 fn keys which do not output any keycodes to work? (F7 and F9)
F9 at least shows up in dmesg
[ 253.732780] atkbd serio0: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x86 on isa0060/serio0).
[ 253.732785] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes e006 <keycode>' to make it known.
- Here (1) someone made a dump and provided a flash tool. However, it's not official and hence it's not signed. I'm afraid of flashing it and messing my bios so I'll just wait for the official update if it comes. Manudroid19 (talk) 10:59, 4 May 2017 (UTC)
The linked ICC profiles are for the Sharp LQ133M1JW15, however my Mi Air contains a Samsung 133HL09-M01. Shouldn't the different models be mentioned in the section to stop users from applying a profile for the wrong screen?
Maybe there should also be a mention how to determine the lcd model for those who do not know how. One suggestion would be:
cat /sys/class/drm/card0-eDP-1/edid | edid-decode
which requires edid-decode-git
The source post () for the icc profiles was updated as well to include profiles for the Samsung Panel, as i do not have an account for the miui forums i would appreciate it if those could be added to the linked git repository. - Blubbblubb (talk) 08:40, 26 May 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks, added to repo. Mine was identified as SHP Model 1447, which I assume is the Sharp LQ133M1JW15 (its ICC profile certainly looks better to my eyes than the Samsung's either way). Tlvince (talk) 09:46, 26 May 2017 (UTC)
Graphics Card Configuration intel only
Followed the instructions to disable the nvidia gpu and it didn't seem to work. Was tested on a fresh install, but I managed to blacklist the module using a different way.
modprobe -r nouveau
Additionally it seemed that nvidia doesn't need to be installed/blacklisted. Does this sound alright to you guys, or is this incorrect? Just checking with you guys before editing the wiki page.
Draft for a new section regarding the INTEL-SA-00086 Vulnerability, Feedback welcome!:
The Mi Air is vulnerable to the Intel Management Engine vulnerability.
As Xiaomi did not (yet?) release an official Update for this we might want to do it ourselves. As a reference check this Thread on the xiaomi forums: http://en.miui.com/thread-1169688-1-1.html
The needed Firmware Update and Tool can be found here (link taken from xiaomi Thread): https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html - (TODO: maybe find an official source?)
For the Mi Air 13.3 we need to download:
- Intel CSME 11.8 Consumer PCH-LP Firmware v184.108.40.20648
- Intel CSME System Tools v11 r8 (2018-02-07 if there is a newer version of the v11 when you check use the newer version)
Extract both archives and copy "Intel CSME System Tools v11 r8/FWUpdate/LINUX64/Portable/FWUpdLcl" to a new folder. Then copy "Intel CSME Firmware v220.127.116.1148 (CON LP)/18.104.22.16848_CON_LP_C0_NPDM_PRD_RGN.bin" to the same folder and run
sudo ./FWUpdLcl -F 22.214.171.12448_CON_LP_C0_NPDM_PRD_RGN.bin
To check if the vulnerability is fixed download the Detection Tool from intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27150?v=t
Extract it and run:
sudo python2 intel_sa00086.py
As this is a firmware update which was neither officially supplied or endorsed by the Hardware manufacturer it should be noted that there might be some risk involved in the update process and should therefore only be done at your own risk!
- This looks interesting. Have you tried it? If so, which model and bios version are you using? Tlvince (talk) 12:58, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Yes i wrote this while i was doing the upgrade, i have the 2016 model with the i5-6200
- The intel detection tool shows the following:
- Manufacturer: Timi
- Model: TM1613
- Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz
- I have the A06 Bios (it came preinstalled with it), but there are people in the xiaomi thread saying they did the update with the A05 Bios without a problem (Im not sure about the supposedly available A07 Bios as i was not able to find a download for it or even a mention of someone who actually has it) Blubbblubb (talk) 15:51, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
Version 2018 Global
I have a Xiaomi Notebook Air 13.3 2018 Global version, except the CPU and the fingerprint sensor, it's similar. Should I create a new page or add information to this one?