Hello. Thank you for this page.
- Could you explain the differences if one uses one video card? Some computers have just one PCI-e slot.
- We (Fiable.biz) use Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring, and there is no ~/.xinitrc .
- What is the equivalent of "twm" to launch kde?
- Where do you launch startx?
--Fiable.biz 11:02, 3 October 2009 (EDT)
- We can use one video card, but it's a more complicated setup. Xephyr is not necessary but I haven't successfully done this in Linux yet. I do know somebody who sells computers configured this way. I think he uses multiple X-servers but they are separate so they can run graphics acceleration and GL extensions, etc. I'd like to investigate this more and if anybody could contribute it would help.
--Shillshocked 20:31, 13 February 2014 (EDT)
- I heard that we can use VirtualGL to do this and since it can run applications with hardware acceleration. Pickfire (talk) 16:23, 24 December 2016 (UTC)
Single card multiseat with Xephyr
The article mentions that is possible to setup multiseat on a single video card with multiple displays using Xephyr. Could someone describe how to do this? I think there would be a lot of people like myself who only have a single videocard with both DVI and HDMI ports. It would be great to be able to set-up the HDMI port as an independent multimedia station connected to a TV.