- TeamSpeak is proprietary Voice over IP software that allows computer users to speak on a chat channel with fellow computer users, much like a telephone conference call.
Install the package.
Install theAUR package.
Server configuration and startup
- You can configure the TeamSpeak server. If you are using systemd please check
/usr/share/doc/teamspeak3-server/server_quickstart.txtfor all available command line parameters.
- If you possess a license file please copy it to
With the first startup TeamSpeak creates the SQLite database at
/var/lib/teamspeak3-server/ts3server.sqlitedb and starts logging its standard output in files in:
/var/log/teamspeak3-server/. Teamspeak also creates the first ServerQuery administration account (the superuser) and the first virtual server including a privilege key for the server administrator of this virtual server. The privilege key is only displayed once on standard output.
- Start the
- To find the privilege key:
$ systemctl status teamspeak3-server
- Scan the output for the privilege key:
● teamspeak3-server.service - TeamSpeak3 Server Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/teamspeak3-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Active: active (running) since Sat 2015-09-05 23:34:42 BST; 49min ago Main PID: 20126 (teamspeak3-serv) CGroup: /system.slice/teamspeak3-server.service └─20126 /usr/bin/teamspeak3-server logpath=/var/log/teamspeak3-server/ dbsqlpath=/usr/share/teamspeak3-server/sql/ Sep 05 23:34:45 Your-Hostname teamspeak3-server: serveradmin rights for your virtualserver. please Sep 05 23:34:45 Your-Hostname teamspeak3-server: also check the doc/privilegekey_guide.txt for details. Sep 05 23:34:45 Your-Hostname teamspeak3-server: token=lcUEBG5YVxnhzPcS5hAmOkW1Zb6KbTZbkntbPFca Sep 05 23:34:45 Your-Hostname teamspeak3-server: ------------------------------------------------------------------ Sep 05 23:34:45 Your-Hostname teamspeak3-server: 2015-09-05 22:34:45.322567|INFO |CIDRManager | | updated query_ip_whitelist ips: 127.0.0.1, Sep 05 23:34:45 Your-Hostname teamspeak3-server: 2015-09-05 22:34:45.323806|INFO |Query | | listening on 0.0.0.0:10011 Sep 05 23:34:53 Your-Hostname systemd: Started TeamSpeak3 Server.
- The privilege key is what token is equal to.
- Alternatively, you can navigate to the logs directory for teamspeak3-server and read the output log directly. (This is a persistent file and will still have the first startup output here even if you have restarted the server):
$ cd /var/log/teamspeak3-server $ cat ts3server_*.log
Open up a Teamspeak 3 client, connect to the server and copy and paste the privilege key into the client popup.
Simply enable the
If you have used the initial privilege key and have lost server permissions (e.g. your teamspeak 3 client with superadmin rights was uninstalled) you will have to start from scratch.
- Stop the
$ rm /var/lib/teamspeak3-server/ts3server.sqlitedb
$ rm /var/log/teamspeak3-server/*.log
- Now follow the same instructions for a first time setup.