Template talk:META Message
Lists inside template are missing bullet points
[Moved from Template talk:Expansion#Lists inside template are missing bullet points — Kynikos (talk) 03:34, 4 February 2015 (UTC)]
Here the list items inside Template:Expansion are missing the usual bullet point symbol. I think it is because for some reason, the <ul> tags have the
list-style-type: none; attribute assigned from MediaWiki's stylesheets.
Also, I think that before 1.24 the lists in status templates were not aligned to the left, which was probably fixed somehow...
Also, the layout of the status templates is not really good when a list is used to present the message, could we improve this somehow?
- I've completely rewritten this template and moved the style to MediaWiki:Common.css, what do you think of the result? — Kynikos (talk) 05:14, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
- Excellent! I have not come across any issues with the new style yet, so maybe later...
- The link above is not a great example for this due to its last list item, but when lists are used in the status message, the "Discuss" link gets moved below the list (when the reason parameter of template:expansion ends with newline) or becomes part of the last <li> element, which makes the link almost invisible. Is it possible to display "(Discuss)" always on the same line as "Reason:"? Does "Reason (discuss):" look too bad? It might also make the link generally more visible. I noticed you intend to reform it, so maybe you already have some better ideas...
- -- Lahwaacz (talk) 08:21, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
- I don't see many ways to fix this in a Simple way besides the following: