It seems that the resolution dropped on the new icon... -- Alad (talk) 14:02, 5 March 2016 (UTC)
- Yep, from 75x48px to 48x48 :P Lahwaacz (talk) 14:39, 5 March 2016 (UTC)
- Did you mean the quality/sharpness? It's a PNG automatically converted from SVG, taken directly from https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Merge-arrows-3.svg, it looks all right on my screen ^^
- The main reason why I've changed it is that now status templates' icons are centered in the side paddings with position:absolute, see MediaWiki talk:Common.css#Templates' CSS, but that assumes that all icons are the same width. Secondarily, I've done it for consistency.
- — Kynikos (talk) 01:33, 6 March 2016 (UTC)
- Ah, that makes sense. FWIW, I've tried a version without "document" icon, to be closer to the old icon. I'm still searching for good looking 48x48 merge icons, though... -- Alad (talk) 02:35, 6 March 2016 (UTC)