Twister is an experimental peer-to-peer microblogging software. It's in very alpha state!
TheAUR package and the AUR html interface are available in the AUR.
First Time Setup
This will by default load both the twister-core daemon, and the twister-html gui.
- Go to http://user:firstname.lastname@example.org:28332/home.html. If authentication window pops up enter "user" and "pwd"
- Go to the Network tab and wait until the daemon downloads the entire blockchain.
- Go to the Login tab and create a new user.
- Wait a few seconds for the daemon to calculate the Proof-Of-Work to propagate your registration.
- You’ll be redirected to the Edit Profile tab. Choose your avatar, name, location etc.
- Wait a few minutes until your registration is accepted into a new block. The “Save” button will be disabled in the meantime.
- Your account is ready.
IMPORTANT: save your secret key (this is the only way to “authorize”, there's no send me pwd by mail, …)
Search users to follow, send new posts etc.
A great way for others to find you is by using tags, e.g. write a msg like: Hello #twister community!
Switch to the network tab and wait for the complete download of the blockchain. Go to the 'setup account' tab and create a new user. Wait for your registration to be finished. Edit your profile. Your profile will be set in a new block, so wait for the 'save' button to appear.
The next time you enter the page press **Login** and choose your newly created user to login.
The twister-html aur package contains a web based gui interface, which can be accessed at http://127.0.0.1:28332/home.html. This interface allows full configuration of Twister, and can be used to create and read posts.
Twisterd comes with a command line based utility, that can be used run and configure twister. However, this interface is an overlay on the JSON-RPC interface, and therefore is mostly useful for debugging and development. See the following page for the full documentation of this interface http://twister.net.co/?page_id=58.