User:Allan/Pacman Source Repositories
Pacman Source Repositories
We can create source packages and we now have a .SRCINFO file to provide the details in an "easy" format. It would be nice for pacman to have access to the source package information, and provide a function to download these.
There are (at least) two ways to implement this.
Add to current repository databases (.db)
- Very easy to implement
- Repo databases will increase in size by ~55-60%
Create a source package repository (.source)
- Only download source information if/when you need it (single repo db downloads?)
- People can host source only repositories.
- .db and .source repositories can become out of sync
- depends/makedepends/checkdepends will be duplicated across .db and .source repos
- (minor) repo-add becomes more complicated due to dealing with .db, .files, and .source databases