Somewhat stale repository, needs rebasing and changes for:
- cleaning up commit history and messages for readability
- break up commits into smaller changes that can be tested and merged individually
- dbscripts test setup. I found what was going wrong here, should move along relatively quickly;
- upstream makepkg changes regarding debug packages, more or less
- devtools needs to merge back new versions of commitpkg and archrelease;
- some TODOs left in the code, mainly about edge cases.
We also need real-world testing, specially with complex and/or weird PKGBUILDs.
There are two main possibilities: individual repos or git namespaces.
- Easier to work with
- Easy implementation of individual ACLs
- More storage used
- Slightly more complexity in dbscripts' side
- Consolidated repository
- AUR already has the infrastructure to deal with this
- More complex setup
- Needs regular git-gc maintenance
From the client side both options should be the same, so the difference is mainly manageability. Both also already have conversion scripts ready:
- anthraxx's individual repos https://github.com/anthraxx/arch-svn-package-to-git (does not handle yet the internal dbscripts history repo)
- my namespaced one (not published yet)