User:Kynikos/Tasks

From ArchWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Schedule

Discussions

Complete lists:

General talk pages:

Specific discussions:

  1. Help talk:i18n#Language namespace(s) in place of suffixes?: liberalize the naming of the articles (and categories? but absolutely not templates), and at the same time require that all localized (non-English) articles have the language suffix added to their title, be it translated or not, including redirects
  2. Talk:International_Communities#Style: list versus table
  3. Help talk:Style#Better structuring: redefine scope of Help:Editing, Help:Template, Help:Reading, see Category:Help
  4. Template talk:Wikipedia#Deprecation
  5. Talk:Table of contents#Place two lists side by side
  6. Template talk:AUR?#Opinions
  7. Template talk:Grp#i686-centric
  8. Help talk:Searching#Using quotes to find what I really want: report MediaWiki bug?
  9. Talk:List of applications
  10. Talk:List of games
  11. MediaWiki talk:Sidebar
  12. Help talk:I18n#MediaWiki translation extension: see also mw:MediaWiki_Language_Extension_Bundle
  13. Talk:General_Troubleshooting#Expansion needed
  14. Talk:Dm-crypt#New idea
  15. Talk:Kernel_Panics#Blacklisting_modules
  16. Talk:Vim#Should there be this much tutorial content?

Quick reminders

Reply Timestamp
Talk:Learning_Resources 2011-12-05 09:08:48
Talk%3ATrusted_Users 2012-10-30 22:21:05
Talk%3APCManFM 2013-06-11 15:23:38
Talk%3AInstalling_Arch_Linux_on_ZFS 2013-07-17 08:43:25
Talk:Arch_Packaging_Standards 2013-07-17 19:22:11
Talk%3AEnhancing_Arch_Linux_Stability 2013-07-17 02:01:24
Talk%3ACD_Burning 2013-07-18 21:43:52
Talk%3AList_of_Applications%2FGames 2013-07-18 21:38:07
Talk:USB_Installation_Media 2013-08-08 10:18:11
Talk%3AOptical_Disc_Drive 2013-08-31 09:36:42
Talk%3APlain_dm-crypt_without_LUKS 2013-08-22 10:52:05
Talk%3ADisk_Encryption 2013-09-04 05:47:53
User_talk:Badvok 2014-03-09 01:55:37
Talk:GNOME_Web 2014-01-29 05:25:45
Talk:Gedit 2014-01-16 12:45:55
Talk:Beginners%27_guide 2014-02-02 04:30:50
MediaWiki_talk%3ASidebar 2014-03-10 10:26:16
Talk%3AArch_Linux_for_the_blind 2014-03-10 10:32:10
ArchWiki_talk:Maintenance_Team 2014-02-27 10:15:46
Talk%3AList_of_Applications 2013-09-11 05:01:35
Talk:List_of_games 2013-11-04 09:48:45
Talk:Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_Entire_System 2014-03-11 10:29:07
Talk:Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_Entire_System 2014-02-19 10:51:18
Talk%3ACuBox 2014-03-12 04:15:54
Talk:Beginners%27_Guide 2013-09-04 20:51:07
Template_talk%3AAUR%3F 2014-03-19 18:39:31
Talk:Arch_systemd_container 2014-03-18 18:00:48
Template_talk:AUR%3F 2014-03-20 17:50:02
Talk%3ACompiz_Configuration 2014-03-21 17:23:29
Talk%3AArch_systemd_container 2014-03-22 10:10:46
ArchWiki_talk%3AAbout 2014-04-12 01:59:38
Template_talk:FAQ 2014-04-12 04:04:49
Talk%3APacketTracer 2014-04-24 12:38:28
Talk%3ASecure_Shell 2014-04-28 03:13:42
Talk%3AList_of_games 2014-05-01 14:08:35
ArchWiki_talk%3AAdministrators 2014-05-04 12:39:00
User_talk%3ATeateawhy 2014-05-06 15:35:40
Talk%3ABeginners%27_guide 2014-05-07 06:29:57
Talk%3ADm-crypt%2FDrive_preparation 2014-05-08 09:44:44
Talk%3AArch_Linux_system_maintenance 2014-05-12 10:11:37
Talk%3ADm-crypt%2FEncrypting_an_entire_system 2014-05-18 04:06:42
Help_talk:Style 2014-05-19 03:31:42
Talk%3ATime 2014-05-24 05:53:24
Talk%3AConvert_Any_To_Mp3 2013-09-15 03:38:33
Talk%3ASystemd%2FServices 2014-02-15 12:39:50
Talk:UWMWiFi 2013-10-06 17:42:25
Talk%3ACommand_shell 2013-09-05 21:19:28
Talk:Sudo 2013-10-03 10:32:52
Talk:VA-API 2013-10-29 13:36:11
Talk:KVM 2013-11-07 01:03:12
Template_talk%3APoor_writing 2013-11-07 13:22:16
Talk:Disk_Encryption 2013-11-19 19:21:12
Talk%3ABtrfs_-_Tips_and_tricks 2013-11-30 12:49:58
Talk%3AAllow_users_to_shutdown 2014-05-26 12:54:28
Talk:ABS_FAQ 2014-05-26 20:55:43
Talk%3APKGBUILD 2014-05-24 07:51:20
Category_talk%3ANetworking 2014-05-29 09:16:15
Talk%3ABeginners%27_guide 2014-06-04 05:27:32
Talk%3AArch_compared_to_other_distributions 2014-06-04 05:36:26
Talk:Systemd/Services 2014-06-08 20:30:14
Talk%3AMount 2014-06-22 07:37:22
Talk%3ASystemd-timesyncd 2014-07-06 03:52:29
Template_talk%3AWarning 2014-07-15 20:22:44
Talk%3ALocale 2014-08-23 01:23:45
Talk%3AArch_packaging_standards 2014-08-28 03:39:14
Talk%3AArch_Handbook 2014-08-28 03:55:50
Talk:GNOME 2014-10-29 11:53:09
Talk:Network_configuration 2014-11-09 02:25:29
Talk%3AXorg 2014-11-09 02:35:04
Talk:List_of_applications 2014-01-22 07:13:52
Talk%3ABeginners%27_Guide 2014-02-02 04:30:50
Talk%3ADisk_Encryption 2014-02-09 03:27:36
Help_talk:Discussion 2014-03-04 13:59:42
Talk%3APacman 2014-02-22 08:14:51
Talk:Btrfs_-_Tips_and_tricks 2014-07-08 16:15:16
Category_talk:File_systems 2014-07-15 22:17:04
ArchWiki_talk:Administrators 2014-09-10 08:41:45
Talk:Systemd 2014-10-11 05:11:36
Talk:General_troubleshooting 2014-08-18 21:04:54
ArchWiki:Requests 2014-08-22 16:11:47
Help_talk:Template 2014-09-05 15:22:38
Help_talk%3AEditing 2014-09-04 14:11:00
Help_talk%3AWriting_article_introductions 2014-09-04 13:34:57
Talk:PacmanWoT 2014-09-10 15:28:07
Talk:Security 2014-09-03 03:16:18
Help_talk:Template 2014-09-14 05:08:56
Talk:Multiboot_USB_drive 2014-09-21 16:45:12
Talk%3AFirefox_Ramdisk 2014-09-15 03:17:41
Template_talk:App 2014-10-13 10:59:37
Talk:Arch_packaging_standards 2014-10-13 21:44:05
Talk%3ABeginners%27_guide 2014-10-18 02:43:07
User_talk:Drdevil44/Tiny_Linux_Bootloader_orig 2014-10-18 17:43:55
Talk:PulseAudio 2014-11-30 10:40:30
Talk:Beginners%27_guide 2014-11-30 18:53:23
Template_talk%3APoor_writing 2014-12-03 05:58:17
Talk:GRUB 2014-12-05 15:20:07
Talk:Input_Japanese_using_uim 2014-12-05 15:31:14
Talk:Network_configuration 2014-11-22 17:29:20
Talk:Arch_Build_System 2014-08-13 16:57:03
Talk:Xdg-open 2014-09-02 01:49:28
Category_talk:Arch64 2014-12-06 09:38:25
Talk:Hardware_Compatibility_List 2014-12-08 22:36:11
Talk%3ASystem_maintenance 2014-06-11 14:10:16
Talk%3AThunderbird 2014-12-16 13:47:48
Talk%3ABeginners%27_guide 2014-12-16 16:10:07
Talk:Rip_Audio_CDs 2014-12-15 21:35:52
ArchWiki_talk:About 2014-12-21 02:18:16
Talk:Change_root 2014-12-19 19:13:20
Talk%3AGRUB 2014-12-23 03:20:44
Help_talk%3ADiscussion 2014-12-24 15:59:10
Help_talk%3ADiscussion 2014-12-26 02:42:46
Talk:CF_and_SD_card_install 2014-12-27 02:43:25
MediaWiki_talk%3ACommon.css 2014-12-27 08:28:16
Talk:File_system_search 2014-11-22 00:27:42
Talk%3AArchboot 2015-01-01 06:01:34
Help_talk:Category 2014-12-23 14:42:05
Talk:Beginners%27_guide 2015-01-04 02:18:28
User_talk:Earnest (and [1]) 2015-01-17 00:00:01
Talk:QEMU 2015-02-19 13:32:43
Talk:OpenVPN 2015-03-06 10:21:22
Talk:Improve_boot_performance 2015-03-06 22:32:29
Talk%3ABeginners%27_guide 2015-04-01 08:30:47
Talk%3AUpower 2015-04-14 15:32:38
Talk%3ALinux_Containers 2015-04-21 13:30:36
Template_talk:Stub 2015-05-18 04:02:32

Ideas

If you want to start discussing some of these before I get there, go for it!

Back-end

Open wiki bugs

User:Lahwaacz/Tasks#Back-end

Repos: main GitHub fork

Update description of the Support Staff list, FS#44626, see also DeveloperWiki:Roll Call and Talk:DeveloperWiki:Roll Call#Other staff pages. Allow more details in ArchWiki:Administrators and ArchWiki:Maintainers like in Trusted Users or developers, especially the real name. Probably use a template with named parameters. Start an ArchWiki WoT?

CSS: MediaWiki:Common.css, MediaWiki:Archlinux.css

User:Lahwaacz/LocalArchWiki (talk)

  1. New namespaces:
  2. Create more user groups (mw:Manual:$wgGroupPermissions):
    See also ArchWiki talk:Administrators#Meaning of Administrator
    Then we could also add new restriction levels: mw:Manual:$wgRestrictionLevels
  3. mw:Manual:Costs_and_benefits_of_using_nofollow
  4. Support for user scripts and stylesheets is now enabled: exploit with Wiki Monkey, see also bug#163, Help talk:Editing#Editor assistants: userscripts, external editors...
  5. Submit dark CSS skin? Also fix the default skin to be mobile friendly (i.e. no need for horizontal scrolling) forum thread FS#46697
  6. ArchWiki:Requests#index.php in url address
  7. Once upon a time there were public statistics on page visits, that were disabled after a MediaWiki update that enabled caching; maybe we could have those statistics restored? (possibly related: mw:Requests for comment/Removing hit counters from MediaWiki core)
  8. Activate mw:Extension:Renameuser and maybe other extensions which are apparently already installed.
  9. Too difficult registration captcha? Wait until coreutils 8.25 — FS#47837
  10. More useful antispam links:

Internationalization

  1. Add Serbian and Vietnamese interwiki links?
  2. Templates should be coded so that they are language-neutral, with all their messages coded as {{{msg1|default English message}}}: non-English articles should use meta-templates that simply call the basic template localizing its messages: {{Template|msg1=localized message}}
    • An alternative could make use of parser functions (should be installed, mw:Help:Extension:ParserFunctions) in order to recognize the page namespace and sub-namespace and print the correct messages

Templates

  1. Template:Split (as opposed to Template:Merge)
  2. Move Template:Translateme to Template:Translate
  3. Move Template:Out of date to Template:Outdated
  4. Is Template:Bad translation necessary? (Accuracy, Poor writing, Translateme, Out of date, Stub and Expansion could replace it more accurately)
  5. Use Template:META Error in more templates? Create, translate and use localized versions.
  6. Move Template:META Error to Template:META Undefined Parameter?
  7. Template:Pkg and Template:AUR: add a 2nd optional argument for specifying package version (thus keeping link style)? e.g. pacman<=3.5 Maybe just allow to specify an alternative anchor, like it works for normal links: this would even allow bots to replace all direct links with those templates, also when they don't use the package name as the anchor text.
  8. Template:Pkg search and Template:AUR search for linking to generic searches instead of package pages
  9. Template to keep track of external bug reports?
  10. Check Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:Box_BLUE - Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:Note, Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:Box_RED - Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:Warning, Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:Box_GREEN - Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:Tip
    Instead of using queries to get the differences, we could just delete the meta-templates "Box COLOR", making Note, Warning and Tip use Box directly, thus also preventing the Box COLOR templates to be used inappropriately
  11. Deprecate Template:Note and Template:Tip? Normal text formatting like bold and italic could be used to replace them
  12. Template:Announcement (find better name?) to be used for _temporary_ announcements instead of Note?
  13. Template for linking forum threads in the vein of Pkg, AUR, Grp, Bug...
  14. Delete Template:Message_box, Template:Box, Template:Box_RED, Template:Box_BLUE and Template:Box_GREEN after fixing all their transclusions
  15. Create "Template:Warnings/Notes/Tips" for cases when several stacked "singular" templates are grouped?

Miscellaneous

  1. It may be useful to create short redirects for the most common style rules, for example when having to mention them in edit summaries; for example Wikipedia does that extensively
  2. Rename Table of contents to Category Tree?
  3. mw:Manual:Collapsible elements could be useful in some cases
  4. Git and Super Quick Git Guide should be replaced by a single article that shows how to use Git with two real-world examples: 1) create a local repository and create, add, edit and remove a couple of files, also using branches, merging and rebasing; 2) cloning the pacman repo and preparing a patch, or even simulating a push just as an example.
  5. Mention p2p file sharing clients in Backup Programs?
  6. Remember there are also MediaWiki:Sidebar, MediaWiki:Common.css and MediaWiki:Common.js, MediaWiki:Sitenotice, MediaWiki:Anonnotice, MediaWiki:Editnotice, MediaWiki:Talkpagetext, MediaWiki:Editinginterface, MediaWiki:Newarticletext, see mw:Manual:Interface/Sitenotice, mw:Help:Edit notice
  7. Protected pages could have an open "development" version that is the one that actually gets edited; Wiki Monkey could put a "Merge" button on the "main" protected page so that admins can update it automatically (the problem of crediting the original authors is true also with the current method of receiving proposals in talk pages)

Random links

Interesting bot and API framework projects: