The following links are useful for those getting started with Arch Linux.
- Arch Linux
- A brief overview of Arch Linux; describes what to expect from an Arch Linux system.
- The Arch Way
- Describes the principles and philosophy of Arch Linux.
- Arch Compared to Other Distributions
- Summarizes the similarities and differences between Arch and other distributions.
- Getting Involved
- Describes various ways Archers (both new and experienced users) can contribute to the Arch community.
- Forum Etiquette
- Guidelines for Arch forum members.
- ArchWiki Tutorial
- A short tutorial on editing and contributing to the Arch Linux wiki.
- Beginners' Guide
- A guide through the whole process of installing and configuring Arch Linux; written for new or inexperienced users.
- Official Arch Linux Install Guide
- A more general installation guide; assuming the user is more experienced in UNIX/GNU/Linux methodology.
- Self-explanatory; a list of common and frequently asked questions.
- General Recommendations
- An annotated index of other popular articles and often-referenced information.
- Note: A more complete list of common topics and post-installation advice can be found in the General Recommendations.
- The package manager
- Arch User Repository (AUR)
- A source of unofficial packages
- Common Applications
- A list of frequently used applications
- Arch64 FAQ
- Using Arch on 64-bit systems