Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hi Kyak, thanks for your contributions! Can I ask if you see a message like below when trying to save an edit:
Warning: You have not provided an edit summary, which is an enormous help for other users who want to review your changes, see ArchWiki:Contributing#The 3 fundamental rules. Clicking "Save page" again will break this rule and force saving the page without a summary.
If you don't see it, it's a bug and we should fix it. In any case, can you please follow its advice?
- Hi Kynikos,
- Now sure how do i reply to you.. Perhaps by just editing this section?
- I never saw the message that you mentioned. However, i do edit summary. For example, in this very edit, i change the /* Edit summaries */ to /* I just edited summaries */.
- Am i doing it right?
- P.S. In fact, i can see edited summaries right there: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Matlab&action=history (like "Update unfreeze script").
- Hehe sorry, my bad, I should have looked better :) The problem then is that you're changing the "commented" message (that between the /* */ tags), while you should write on the right of that, for example if you see:
/* Edit summaries */
- You should change it to:
/* Edit summaries */ I just edited summaries
- Instead of:
/* I just edited summaries /*
- Thank you! -- Kynikos (talk) 15:19, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
- Oh, I see - thanks! I thought that the comment IS the summary :)
- Actually the "commented" text is a reference to the title of the section that you've edited, in fact if you look at the rendered edit summary, there's a right arrow (→) on the left of the message, which links to the edited section, of course provided that the commented text has been left intact :) -- Kynikos (talk) 14:20, 28 September 2017 (UTC)