URL update requests
I'm requesting another round of this:
Replace "http://aur.archlinux.org" with "https://aur.archlinux.org" (from Special:LinkSearch using the bot's RegExp replace plugin)
And I'd also like to see it replace "http://bbs.archlinux.org" with "https://bbs.archlinux.org" which is a daunting task. Same thing for "http://www.archlinux.org" with "https://www.archlinux.org" and "http://bugs.archlinux.org" with "https://bugs.archlinux.org"
-- Jstjohn (talk) 23:52, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- Acknowledged, however I think I'll attempt something even more comprehensive, using . Unfortunately I'm really short of time in this period, as you've probably noticed... And time's not the only problem, I don't have frequent access to a computer that can stay connected for many hours continuously, so of course if somebody else was willing to learn how to use Wiki Monkey, which should be very easy (and I'd be willing to assist), these tasks could be performed more frequently.
- -- Kynikos (talk) 03:13, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
I found the bot made at least one wrong substitution, check out the following diff of the article Installing on Btrfs root. Perhaps you can check if the bot made this mistake on other pages, too. -- Buergi (talk) 17:07, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
- I'm sorry for that, it was a bug in a regular expression :(( I've already stopped performing that kind of changes with the bot, and I've checked many edits, actually finding and fixing other bad edits...
- Thank you for reporting this! I'm closing this discussion since it's no longer relevant, but if you or somebody else find other wrong substitutions, please report them here.
- -- Kynikos (talk) 02:05, 6 December 2012 (UTC)
Title capitalization updates
Just a heads up: I noticed you moved Beginners' Guide to Beginners' guide, but not the subsections: Beginners' Guide/Preparation, Beginners' Guide/Installation, Beginners' Guide/Post-installation... -- Lahwaacz (talk) 08:25, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
- Eheh thanks, however it's because I thought it was enough for today :) (I've also done Installation guide + all the backlinks). If you want you can do them, I don't think there are protected pages involved, and if there are any, just report them and I'll update them. -- Kynikos (talk) 08:33, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
- Done, I did not update some links in localized pages because they are messing with <noinclude> tags (most of the links do not work anyway because of wrong section name).
- Out of curiosity, I noticed some "unrendered links" in Beginners'_Guide_(Indonesia)#Instalasi_sistem_dasar. The syntax is technically correct, it should be at least a red link...
- -- Lahwaacz (talk) 12:20, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you! The links in Beginners'_Guide_(Indonesia)#Instalasi_sistem_dasar had a line break inside, which is not supported by MediaWiki (fixed). -- Kynikos (talk) 02:31, 17 February 2014 (UTC)