The times, they are a-changin'
I appreciate your effort thus far with regards to re-categorization, but please be aware of the current internationalization discussion (details on my user page: User:Pointone/i18n). The standard may be changing soon, and language identifiers will likely be excluded from localized titles. Please coordinate your efforts accordingly.
-- pointone 09:58, 31 December 2009 (EST)
- ahh great, will do. this also answers a question i posted on the forums a few moments ago (here) totalwormage 10:06, 31 December 2009 (EST)
On a similar note, I would hate to see you waste time fixing inter-language links, when Template:i18n will shortly become the norm. Please consider updating articles to use this new template instead of painstakingly updating i18n links manually.
Personally, I've avoided correcting the staggering list of double redirects at this point until the new template is officially rolled-out since many of these outdated links only exist in i18n language lists.
See Help:i18n for details and a working example.
-- pointone 11:52, 11 January 2010 (EST)
- yeah i know, just don't want to break something when editing links ;] totalwormage 12:26, 11 January 2010 (EST)
Amazing work this morning! Much appreciated! (Especially removing the links to The Arch package making HOW-TO - with guidelines... ;-))
-- pointone 09:44, 9 February 2010 (EST)
- thanks :] it are messages like these that keep me goin' ;] totalwormage 11:05, 9 February 2010 (EST)
Again: wow! Talk about dedication!
A few tips, though:
- Redirects are good. Double redirects are bad. You seem to be going on an anti-redirect binge.
- Try to avoid leaving a gap at the top of articles. For consistency's sake, it looks nicer when the i18n bar doesn't move between translations. (This means there should be no space between the category list and the i18n template.)
Otherwise, simply outstanding work. Are you sure you're not a robot?
-- pointone 10:26, 11 February 2010 (EST)
- hehe, saw your revert, i hate redirects heh they remind me of bureaucracy, but will try to keep my urges down a notch. and can one ever be sure about not being a robot? i don't know, i like doing mindless jobs, it's addictive like online flash games but with a bit more purpose other then causing RSI heh. BEEP BEEP totalwormage 10:58, 11 February 2010 (EST)
Those categories shouldn't be member of the HOWTOs cat. File system, for example, should be member of Software, as per the Table of Contents (English) page. Why are you including them into HOWTO? pwd 11:22, 30 December 2009 (EST)
i'm blindly moving pages that belonged to 'HowTos' to 'HOWTOs', assuming they belong there. (should i reply here?) totalwormage 11:24, 30 December 2009 (EST)
- Some pages do belong in HOWTO, but categories do not. See the table of contents I linked to; this has the category structure laid out already. pwd 11:28, 30 December 2009 (EST)
- kk, thanks! totalwormage 11:29, 30 December 2009 (EST)
Good job improving intl. cats! By the way, are you using a bot? ;) pwd 16:28, 30 December 2009 (EST)
- thanks :] and no, not using a bot, just got lots of spare time ;]] totalwormage 16:31, 30 December 2009 (EST)