disbale touchpad on x230
pacman -S libinput
find touchpad device id
xinput disable 11
AUR and you
more on AUR
how to take over a package
so your fav packge is no longer maintained.
like ezstream, that hasn't been ported to AUR4.
0. first i searched for PKGBUILD because i had it from before aur>aur4.AUR in the AUR portal, but found nothing. i knew there is a
1. open an account on the AUR
2. read about Sharing_and_maintaining_packages, this has a lot of information. make sure you read it, you are taking a responsibility.
3. init a git from the AUR with the name of package
cd ~/dev git clone ssh://email@example.com/ezstream.git
if all is well you will get a message you have just cloned an empty git.
warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.
4. its time to write a PKGBUILD. but before that i did a quick search for an orphaned AUR, i searched "PKGBUILD ezstream" and found a 2yr old github source, this will be our start.
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/qrwteyrutiyoup/archlinux-aur/master/ezstream/PKGBUILD # following will build without install, for checkup makepkg -o # f to force rebuild # s to build dependencies # i to install makepkg -fsi
if all is well, you have a working, tested package. lets commit
mksrcinfo #we dont want to add all files in that folder, just this two (if you don't have patches etc. ) git add PKGBUILD .SRCINFO git commit -am "commit of ezstream, taking over from github.com/qrwteyrutiyoup/archlinux-aur" git push
note- how to autoupdate pkgver?
following doesnt work for the ezstream release tar VCS_package_guidelines#The_pkgver.28.29_function
i just manually updated the pkgver and sha2 variables in PKGBUILD from the official release page, for now.
thanks yuvadm for the help