- "Redis is a software project that implements data structure servers. It is open-source, networked, in-memory, and stores keys with optional durability."
Install the package.
The Redis configuration file is well-documented and located at
- Accept connections on the specified port (default is 6379), specify
port 0to disable listening on TCP:
redis.serviceand update the
ExecStopcommand accordingly. Either specify the port with
-por the socket path with
Listen on socket
Using Redis over a Unix socket may give a performance increase, compared to TCP/IP .
The following changes should be made in
/etc/redis/redis.conf to enable use of the unix socket:
- Enable and update the Redis socket path:
- Set permission to the socket to all members of the
- Add users (e.g. "git", "http") to the
redisuser group so they can access and use the socket.
Finally restart the
Warning about Transparent Huge Pages (THP)
To solve warning messages as "you have Transparent Huge Pages (THP) support enabled in your kernel. This will create latency and memory usage issues with Redis", you may want to permanently disable this feature:
w /sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/enabled - - - - never w /sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/defrag - - - - never
Warning about TCP backlog
To solve warning messages as "The TCP backlog setting of 511 cannot be enforced because /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn is set to the lower value of 128", increase the current value:
Warning about overcommit_memory is set to 0
To solve warning messages as "overcommit_memory is set to 0! Background save may fail under low memory condition":