Since kernel 22.214.171.124 acpi modules are all modularized,
to avoid acpi issues that were reported on some machines.
This is a small list and summary of kernel acpi modules,
that enables special acpi functions or add information to /proc,
that can be parsed by acpid for events or other monitoring applications.
Which modules are available?
- ac (power connector status)
- asus_acpi (usefull on asus/medion laptops)
- battery (battery status)
- bay (bay status)
- button (catch button events, like LID or POWER BUTTON)
- container (container status)
- dock (docking station status)
- fan (fan status)
- i2c_ec (EC SMBUs driver)
- ibm_acpi (usefull on ibm laptops)
- processor (processor status)
- sbs (smart battery status)
- thermal (status of thermal sensors)
- toshiba_acpi (usefull for toshiba laptops)
- video (status of video devices)
complete list of your running kernel:
- 'ls -l /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/acpi'
How to select the correct ones
You have to try yourself which module works for your machine:
then check 'dmesg' output or '/proc/acpi/<dir>', if the module is supported on your hardware.
Add the working ones to your MODULES=() array in rc.conf
On laptops, basically those ones should work:
- ac battery button fan processor thermal
On desktops/servers, basically those ones should work:
- button processor