Revision as of 10:14, 13 June 2012 by Kynikos.bot (Template:i18n is deprecated, use intelanguage links, see Help talk:I18n#"Dummy" interlanguage links and deprecation of Template:i18n)
AIGLX is a project that aims to enable GL-accelerated effects on a standard desktop.
Arch Linux's Xorg package has AIGLX built-in and no configuration is required.
* ATI: Radeon r100, r200, r300 generations (7000, 8000 models) * ATI: Radeon r400 and greater (>9550) through the r300_dri driver or ATI's proprietary driver,
version 7.10 (8.42.3) or later * ATI Radeon Xpress 200M. - with 8.3 or newer ati driver, works without problems at good performance * Intel: i810 through i965 (Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML - driver i915)
Cards In Testing
* ATI: Radeon 9500 through X850 (r300 and r400 generations) - Open source drivers only. * ATI: R200 - Works slowly. * Savage: Any. - Works with slowdown, however, composite window managers cannot be started.
Cards Not Supported
* ATI: Rage 128. - Driver locking issue. * ATI: Mach64. - No DRM support in Fedora, still insecure. The insecure version is available, see mach64 * Matrox: MGA G200 to G550. - DRI locking. PCI cards probably have other issues as well. * Matrox: Millenium P650/P750 (undeclared 'GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_NV' and 'GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB' in libGL.so) * 3dfx: Voodoo 1 and 2. - No DRI driver. * SiS: 661/741/760 PCI/AGP or 662/761Gx PCIE * Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL (driver i915) * Via: unichrome 3D driver does not support AIGLX.
- Composite -- A Xorg extension required by composite managers
- Compiz -- The original composite/window manager from Novell
- Xcompmgr -- A simple composite manager capable of drop shadows and primitive transparency
- Cairo Composite Manager -- A versatile and extensible composite manager which uses cairo for rendering.
- Wikipedia:Compositing window manager