Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 10:23, 19 May 2016 by Nam lah (Created page with "=== Specs === ---- * i5 4210U * Nvidia 840M * SATA III storage @5400RPM. Easy to swap with an SSD. * 8GB DDR3 RAM (The first 4GB are soldered onto the motheboard). * 15" 72...")
- i5 4210U
- Nvidia 840M
- SATA III storage @5400RPM. Easy to swap with an SSD.
- 8GB DDR3 RAM (The first 4GB are soldered onto the motheboard).
- 15" 720p LED.
- Broadcom BCM43142 WLAN + Bluetooth module.
Things that needed some tinkering and work as of May, 2016.
- WLAN ―requires Broadcom Classic Firmware from the AUR to be installed and modprobed, as well as any other WLAN drivers to be blacklisted.
- [FN] F5 and F6 keys for internal display brightness ―special thanks to Erkexzcx who advised me of his page for the Asus N550JV. Edit /edit/default/grub so that the line
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet acpi_osi= "
Yes, there is a blank space in "acpi_osi= ". Next, rebuild your grub:
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
Things pending to fix
- FN + F8 for swapping display output.
- FN + F10/F11/F12 for adjusting volume levels.
- FN + arow keys, multimedia controls.
- Bluetooth support. I have no use for lately, so it's not a priority.