AUR Cleanup Day/2010
The AUR has a large number of obsolete packages which could use cleaning up. Examples of packages that may be cleaned up are:
- packages that have been renamed or replaced
- old and unmaintained developmental (cvs/svn/etc) packages
Post suggestions of packages on this pages. Trusted Users will get together and go though the list in a couple of weeks and confirm which packages should be removed. Please DO NOT REMOVE suggestions from the wiki page but add a comment on why it should be kept instead. TUs will not delete any useful package.
- abraca-hg - Replaced by abraca-git
- alienarena2007 - Replaced by alienarena
- amavisd-new - old version, won't compile, maintainer don't answare for e-mails (I have made new package amavisdnew)
- azrael - dead project, does not compile
- fusesmb or fusesmb2 - duplicate (and both outdated, version 8.7 is available)
- fftw2single - part of fftw2 from [extra]
- gimp-resynth or gimp-plugin-resynthesizer - duplicate (best to keep latter)
- ionice - part of util-linux-ng
- kdelibs-noarts - out-of-date, modified official package
- kdenlive 0.5_1-1 - out-of-date, doesn't compile
- kernel26thinkpad - obsolete, out of date since 2006
- mutt-cvs - mutt switched to mercurial a while back; way outdated anyway.
- openssh-snapshot - Not needed anymore
- sonic-rainbow - dead project, does not compile
- stepmania-bin - orphan, replaced by stepmania
- tar-fixed - I'm not really sure, but I think this bug was fixed in tar 1.20
- dx9wine - contains a patch not needed anymore
- gimp-freetype - This plugin was developed for gimp 2.0 and is not needed according to the notes here.
- 9base-devel Hasn't been update since 25/12/2005. I think its not needed.
- gnash-cvs Hasn't been update since 18/11/2006. gnash is in extra now too.
- netscape-navigator Not supported upstream anymore making it vulnerable to security issues.
- ximian-openoffice Ximian port of OpenOffice 1.x. Users should use the more secure OpenOffice 2.x. Also Ximian openoffice is what is now known as ooo-build.
Remove from Filesystem
This is a list of files on the AUR filesystem that have been created when poorly formed packages were uploaded.
/packages/0verkill-0.16.tar.gz/ /packages/2007.02.17-2/ /packages/abakus-0.91-1/ /packages/abakus-0.91.tar.gz/ /packages/abakus-0.91/ /packages/akgregator/ /packages/akregator/ /packages/akregator1.0.2/ /packages/akregator_1.0.2/ /packages/amsn-0.97ec1/ /packages/amsn-0.97rc1/ /packages/amsn-097rc1-1/ /packages/amsn-097rc1/ /packages/amsn-cvs/ /packages/amsn-svn_update/ /packages/amsn096/ /packages/amsn096rc1/ /packages/bashstyle-5.0 /packages/bashstyle-5.0rc1.tar.gz/ /packages/bashstyle-5.0rc1.tar.gz1/ /packages/bashstyle-5.0rc1/ /packages/bashstyle.tar.gz/ /packages/bashstyle-ng/ /packages/bashstyle1/ /packages/braero-svn /packages/braser-cvs/ /packages/brasero-cvs/ /packages/brasero.svn/ /packages/brlcad-cvs/ /packages/ccd2iso-0.3/ /packages/cdcollect-0.6.0/ /packages/centerim-4.22.2/ /packages/centerim/ /packages/ploticus-test/ /packages/test-louipc/ /packages/test/ /packages/test_pkg/ /packages/yacas-1.1.17-2/ /packages/yacas-1.2.2/ /packages/yacas-1.17-2/ /packages/yacas-new/ /packages/yacasnew/ /packages/zzztest/ /packages/zzzztest/