Template:I18n links start Template:I18n entry Template:I18n entry Template:I18n entry Template:I18n links end This is a list of Pacman GUI frontends, designed to provide a graphical version of the CLI tool, pacman. The list includes Gtk2 based software, Qt based software, and a variety of System Tray Notifiers. None of these tools are officially supported.
Gnome/Gtk2 Pacman GUI Software
GtkPacman is a simple, but powerful frontend to the Arch Linux pacman. It is written in python, using pygtk, and is fast and stable. With gtkPacman, system management becomes matter of a button press. The last release for GtkPacman was in February, 2008.
- Homepage: http://gtkpacman.berlios.de/
- AUR Package Details: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=8027
KDE/Qt Pacman GUI Software
Shaman is a GUI for Arch Linux package handling. It is based on libalpm. This has a lot of advantages, from integration to speed. Also, queries and searches are performed faster than pacman, and with a high level of customization. Shaman can do everything a package manager usually does, including:
- Installing/removing/upgrading packages
- Searching/filtering packages
- Package information
- Database maintenance tasks
Additionally Shaman supports time based database updates, a RSS-feed reader for Arch Linux package news and editing the pacman configuration files.
- Homepage: http://chakra-project.org/tools-shaman.html
- AUR Package Details: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15422
- Screenshots: http://chakra-project.org/screenshots/tools_shaman.png
System Tray Notifiers
Chase is a notification daemon for KDE4, created by the chakra project, Chase uses libapm to manage updates, is fully configurable and integrated with Shaman and the KDE4 desktop environment
- Homepage: http://chakra-project.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=1303
- AUR package details: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=29567
- Screenshots: http://chakra-project.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=1303
alunn is a simple notification applet for the Arch Linux distribution. It will notify you whenever there are new package updates ready for Pacman or when news appear on the Arch Linux frontpage. Customizable commands to upgrade the system or read the news can be executed when clicking the notification icon.
- Homepage: http://nedrebo.org/code/alunn/
- AUR Package Details: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=6098
- Screenshots: http://nedrebo.org/code/alunn/
Written in Ruby, uses Gtk. Shows an icon in the system tray and popup notifications (using libnotify) for new packages.
- Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/pacman-notifier/
- AUR Package Details: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15193
- Screenshots: http://code.google.com/p/pacman-notifier/
Pacupdate is a small application that notifies the user about new updates for Arch Linux. If pacupdate finds out that a update is available, it will display a notification in SystemTray.
- Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/pacupdate/
- AUR Package Details: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19068
PacMan frontend (tray update notifier) for GTK/GNOME/zenity/libnotify.
- AUR Package Details:http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25948