List of games
(Redirected from Acer Aspire One Games List)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page strives to list all games which have a package available in the official repositories or the AUR. There are many more Linux games available, which are not packaged. See Gaming#Getting games for ways to obtain them.
- 1 Action and adventure
- 2 Arcade
- 3 Casual games
- 4 Chess simulators
- 5 Education
- 6 Interactive fiction
- 7 Massively multiplayer online games (MMO)
- 8 Platformer
- 9 Puzzle
- 10 Racing
- 11 Rhythm
- 12 Rogue-like
- 13 Role-playing games (RPG)
- 14 Shooters (FPS, third person)
- 15 Simulation
- 16 Strategy
- 17 Tycoon/management games
- 18 Visual novels
- 19 Comparison table
- 20 See also
Action and adventure
- Abuse — Side-scroller action game that pits you against ruthless alien killers.
- Aquaria — 2D sidescrolling action-adventure game, heavily focused on exploration and puzzle-solving, with non-linear gameplay. The game engine is open source.
- http://www.bit-blot.com/aquaria || AUR, AUR
- Astromenace — Modern 3D scrolling space shooter with ship upgrade possibilities.
- Barrage — Violent point-and-click shooting game with nice effects
- Blob Wars: Metal Blob Solid — 2D action-adventure game with various weapons and missions.
- BZFlag — Multiplayer, first-person tank shooter.
- Commander_Keen — side-scrolling platform action video game
- Gish — 2D physics platformer about adventures of ball of tar.
- Hammerfight — 2-dimensional physics-based combat game.
- http://www.koshutin.com/ || AUR
- The open-source Unix port of the Haaf's Game Engine is available at icculus.org.
- kobodeluxe — An enhanced version of Akira Higuchi's game XKobo, an addictive space shoot'em up
- Kollision — Moving a ball to avoid other balls. Part of .
- KSpaceDuel — Player attempts to destroy opponent’s satellite and controll their own one to keep it orbiting. Part of
- Liquid War — 2D multiplayer game with a simple and unique game mechanic. It could be classified as a fast-paced strategy.
- http://www.ufoot.org/liquidwar/ || AUR
- A rewrite of the game program, now adopted as a GNU project: | Liquid War 6 AUR, homepage:
- Minecraft — Java based sandbox game.
- https://minecraft.net/ || AUR
- Neverball — 3D game to guide a ball through a maze.
- http://neverball.org/ || AUR
- OpenLieroX — An extremely addictive realtime worms shoot-em-up backed by an active gamers community.
- Rune — 3rd person Adventure / Hack'n Slay using Unreal Engine. Runs great from box installation.
- http://www.rune-world.com || AUR
- Paintball Party 2 — Paintball Party 2 is the sequel to Paintball Party, a multiplayer action platformer for all ages.
- XBill — Kill all instances of a virus before it infects all computers with a malware resembling Microsoft Windows.
- http://www.xbill.org/ || AUR
- Bomber — A 2D game with a goal by hitting targets with bombs before their plane crashes into them. Part of .
- Bomberclone — Free Bomberman-like game for Linux and Windows. The rules of the game are simple: run though a level and bomb other players.
- Cave Story/Doukutsu — Addictive 1-man-made metroid-vania-esque platformer. If there happens to be a noticible lag when there are lots of enemies on screen or in larger levels, try running the Windows version through Wine. This should fix the problem.
- http://cavestory.org || AUR
- Chromium — Fast paced, arcade-style, top-scrolling space shooter.
- Counter-Strike 2D — 2D clone (+additional features) of the popular Counter-Strike Mod
- http://cs2d.com || AUR
- Crack-attack — Free OpenGL game, based on the Super Nintendo classic Tetris Attack.
- DDNet — DDraceNetwork, a mod of Teeworlds
- https://ddnet.tw/ || AUR
- Frozen Bubble — Arcade game with colorful animated penguin eyecandy
- Granatier — A clone of Bomberman. Part of
- Hedgewars — Yet another Worms clone, considered to be better than its predecessor by many. Take turns to blast your opponents into oblivion with comedic results! Best in Multiplayer.
- kapman — A clone of PacMan. Part of .
- kbreakout — Breakout-style game. Part of .
- lbreakout2 — Breakout-style arcade game in the manner of Arkanoid
- kbounce — Building walls to limit amount of space occupied by two balls bouncing off the walls. Part of .
- ksnakeduel — Snake-like game for 2 players which compete to survive longer than the opponent. Part of .
- LTris — Arcade version of Tetris
- Mari0 — The Mario game with Portal gun mechanics.
- Nikki and the Robots — Cute physics platformer
- Penguin Command — Clone of the classic game "Missile Command" with improved graphics and sound.
- Pinball — Open source pinball simulator for Linux and other Unix systems.
- PowerManga — Arcade 2D shoot-em-up game with 41 levels and more than 200 sprites.
- Quadrapassel — A Tetris remake for GNOME.
- Streets of Rage Remake — A remake of the classic Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3 by Sega.
- http://sorr.forumotion.net/ || AUR
- Teeworlds — Fast-paced 2D multiplayer shooter
- https://www.teeworlds.com/ || (0.7 branch) or AUR (0.6 branch)
- Tetrinet — Multiplayer online Tetris game for up to six people.
- http://www.tetrinet.info/ || AUR
- Trackballs — A 3D marble game inspired by the classic Marble Madness.
- Ultrastar-ng — Clone of SingStar, a music video game.
- http://performous.org/ || AUR
- Warmux (previously Wormux) — Somewhat similar to Worms 2/Worms Armageddon
- Aisleriot — A collection of solitaire card games.
- Atanks — A multi-platform Scorched Earth clone similar to the Worms series of games
- bs — Battleships based shooter for the console
- http://www.catb.org/~esr/bs/ || AUR
- BSD Games — Collection of classic text games distributed with *BSD
- Kajongg — An implementation of Mahjong for 4 players. Part of .
- KCheckers — Qt-based checkers boardgame.
- KPatience — A set of solitarire card games. Part of .
- KSquares — A dots-and-boxes game for two players. Part of .
- Lskat — A variation of Skat card game for two players. Part of
- Mah-Jong — Chinese Classical mahjong (not solitaire) with network support
- nInvaders — Ncurses based space invaders clone
- xroach — cockroaches hide under your windows
- || AUR
- GNU Chess — One of the oldest computer chess programs for Unix-based computers, lets most modern computers play a full game of chess
- chessx — Chess Database and PGN viewer
- cutechess — A graphical user interface, command-line interface and a library for playing chess
- Eboard — Chess interface to ICS and chess engines
- http://bergo.eng.br/eboard || AUR
- Knights — Chess board by KDE with XBoard protocol support.
- PyChess — An advanced chess client for linux following the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines.
- GNOME Chess — A 2D chess game which can use third party chess engines.
- glChess — 3D Chess Frontend.
- Artikulate — Pronunciation trainer that helps improving and perfecting a learner's pronunciation skills for a foreign language. Part of .
- Blinken — Sequence-remembering game for training memory. Part of .
- GCompris — Educational software suite comprising of numerous activities for children aged 2 to 10.
- Kanagram — Letter order game. Part of .
- KBruch — Small program to practice calculating with fractions and percentages. Part of .
- KGeography — Geography learning tool, which allows you to learn about the political divisions of some countries (divisions, capitals of those divisions and their associated flags if there are some). Part of .
- KLettres — Application specially designed to help the user to learn alphabet in a new language and then to learn to read simple syllables. Part of .
- Minuet — Software for music education. Part of .
- Nootka — Application to learn classical score notation.
- Tux Math — Arcade game that helps kids practice their math facts.
- Tux Paint — Drawing program designed for young children.
- Tux Typing — Educational typing tutor for kids starring Tux.
- Inform — Design system for interactive fiction based on natural language
- http://inform7.com/ || AUR
- INSTEAD — Quest interpreter using Lua macros as game writing language
- https://instead.syscall.ru/ || AUR AUR
- TADS — Prototype-based domain-specific programming language and set of standard libraries for creating interactive fiction (IF) games
- http://tads.org || AUR
Massively multiplayer online games (MMO)
- Dofus — Free, manga inspired, Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game (MMORPG) for Adobe AIR
- Eternal Lands — 3D fantasy online role playing game
- http://www.eternal-lands.com || AUR
- Planeshift — Role Playing Game immersed into a 3D virtual fantasy world which is FULLY FREE to play. Fully free means you will have no surprises of premium content which will limit your gameplay or unbalance the game. There are no limitations in skills, ranks, abilities, items you can gain with your free account
- http://www.planeshift.it || AUR
- RuneScape — Massive online adventure game by Jagex
- http://www.runescape.com || AUR (old Java client), AUR (new NXT client)
- Ryzom — 3D Fantasy MMORPG
- http://www.ryzom.com || AUR
- Savage: The Battle for Newerth — Online multiplayer team-based FPS/RTS hybrid. Open-sourced in September 2006. Savage XR, the most improved continuation (including SFE patches), is completely free (no purchasing/ads whatsoever) however closed-source to reduce cheating.
- http://www.newerth.com/ || AUR
- Savage 2: A Tortured Soul — Fantasy themed online multiplayer team-based FPS/RTS/RPG hybrid. Free-to-play as of December 2008. Pay for premium accounts providing crucial game elements such as extra inventory slots, access to clans and removal of the Hellbourne unit restrictions (per-account), as well as access to replays and stats.
- http://savage2.net || AUR
- The Mana World — Serious effort to create an innovative free and open source MMORPG
- Frogatto — Platformer with adventure elements.
- KGoldrunner — A platform game with the goal of collecting gold. Part of .
- Knyttstories — Platformer with adventure elements, heavy exploration and downloadable levels.
- Secret Maryo Chronicles — Mario-style game.
- http://www.secretmaryo.org/ || AUR
- SuperTux — Mario-style game featuring Tux.
- Toppler — Reimplementation of the classic jump & run game "Nebulus".
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M. — A fork of Secret Maryo Chronicles.
- Atomix — Build molecules out of single atoms.
- Blockout II — 3D tetris, free adaptation of the original BlockOut DOS game edited by California Dreams in 1989
- Bovo — Gomoku-like game. Part of .
- Cgoban3 — Kiseido Go and SGF client.
- Chroma — Puzzle game like Sokoban with ncurses and graphics mode
- Crack Attack! — Free OpenGL game based on the Super Nintendo classic Tetris Attack.
- GNOME Sudoku — Test your logic skills in this number grid puzzle.
- Gnu Go — A terminal-based implementation of Go from GNU.
- Gopanda — Client for the Pandanet-IGS go Server.
- gweled — Eliminating tiles by joining them in groups of three.
- Hitori — Small application written to allow one to play the eponymous puzzle game, which is similar in theme to more popular puzzles such as Sudoku.
- KAtomic — Slide elements so they resemble a chemical molecule. Part of .
- KBlackbox — Finding positions of hidden balls by using hints. Part of .
- KBlocks — Tetris clone. Part of .
- KDiamond — Eliminating tiles by joining them in groups of three. Part of .
- KFourInLine — Competition between two players to put a line of four pieces before the opponent. Part of .
- Kigo — Go for KDE. Part of .
- Killbots — A turn-based game with an objective of avoiding robots that are trying to kill the player. Part of .
- KJumpingCube — Take-all-tiles game in which one gains fields by increasing value of one’s own nearby fields. Part of .
- Klickety — Clearing the board by removing aligned tiles. Part of .
- KLines — Moving balls around the board to form a line of 5 of the same color. Part of .
- KMines — Minesweeper, part of .
- KNetwalk — Rotating tiles with wires to connect all computers to internet. Part of .
- Kolf — A minigolf game with 2D overhead view. Part of .
- KShisen — Shisen-Sho. Part of .
- KSudoku — Sudoku game and more for KDE. Part of .
- Kubrick — A Rubik’s cube solving game. Part of .
- Marvellous Inc. — MarvInc is a zachlike puzzle game with a story told through emails.
- Palapeli — Jigsaw puzzle game. Part of .
- Pathological — Complete all wheels on the board by collecting marbles of the same color in each of them.
- Picmi — Nonogram puzzle game
- Pingus — Lemmings clone, i.e. a level-based puzzle game.
- Ri-li — Toy wood engine GPL game
- qgo — A Go client and full featured SGF editor
- Simon Tatham's Portable Puzzle Collection — 30+ "quick" puzzle games with simplistic but polished GTK GUI
- VVVVVV — Highly praised 2D puzzle platform indie game with a C64 retro theme, with a great chiptune soundtrack. You can buy the full version for £1.67, or play the demo in a browser.
- Tip: You may want to backup your save file, which is found at
- http://thelettervsixtim.es/ || AUR
- XMahjongg — Mahjong solitaire for X.
- Xscorch — Clone of the classic DOS game Scorched Earth.
- http://www.xscorch.org/ || AUR
- World of Goo — Great 2D puzzle game.
- https://www.2dboy.com || AUR
- Fish Fillets — Port of the wonderful puzzle game Fish Fillets
- Armagetron Advanced — Tron Clone in 3D.
- Extreme Tux Racer — 3D game where you guide Tux the penguin down a course of snow and ice collecting herring.
- Maniadrive — Arcade car game on acrobatic tracks with quick and nervous gameplay.
- Moon Buggy — Simple game for the text mode.
- RVGL — Rewrite of Re-Volt, popular 3D RC car racing game from 1999 with an active online community.
- Speed Dreams — Fork of Torcs, aiming to implement exciting new features as well as improving realism.
- http://speed-dreams.org/ || AUR
- Stunt Rally — Racing game with rally style of driving, mostly on gravel.
- Supertux Kart — Kart racing game featuring Tux and his friends.
- Torcs — 3D racing cars simulator using OpenGL.
- Trigger Rally — Free OpenGL rally car racing game.
- Ultimate Stunts — Remake of the famous DOS-game 'stunts'.
- VDrift — Open source driving simulation made with drift racing in mind.
- http://vdrift.net/ || AUR
- XMoto — Challenging 2D motocross platform game, where physics play an important role.
- https://xmoto.tuxfamily.org/ || AUR
- osu! — A free-to-win rhythm game with four game modes: osu!standard, a circle clicking simulator; osu!taiko, a drumming emulator; osu!catch, a fruit salad catcher; and osu!mania, a key smashing synthesizer.
- https://osu.ppy.sh/ || AUR
- opsu! — An open source Java client for the rhythm game osu!.
- Stepmania — Advanced dance simulation game.
- http://www.stepmania.com/ || AUR
- ADOM — Ancient Domains Of Mystery.
- http://adom.de || AUR
- Angband — Roguelike dungeon exploration game based on the writings of JRR Tolkien.
- ASCIIpOrtal — Sidescrolling game with ANSI text graphics in which you are a person holding a device which creates portals, or links to other parts of the level.
- Brogue — A beginner-friendly Rogue-like.
- Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead — Post-apocalyptic roguelike.
- http://www.dungeoncrawl.org/ || AUR
- DoomRL — Simple roguelike game, based on Doom. Perfect for starters.
- http://doom.chaosforge.org/ || AUR
- Dwarf Fortress — Single-player fantasy game. You control a dwarven outpost or an adventurer in a randomly generated persistent world.
- glHack — An OpenGL-based clone of NetHack.
- Infra-Arcana — A game inspired by the writings of H.P. Lovecraft.
- https://sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/ || AUR, AUR
- Nethack — Single player dungeon exploration game.
- Rogue — Original dungeon crawl game.
- Stone Soup — Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
- Tales of Maj'Eyal (previously Troubles of Middle Earth) — A dungeon crawler similar to Angband, based on the works of Tolkien.
- https://te4.org/ || AUR, AUR
- wanderer — Wanderer is a game similar to Boulderdash, Repton, XOR and others.
- http://e271.net/~marina/wanderer.html || AUR AUR
- Shattered Pixel Dungeon — Shattered fork of the popular rogue-like game Pixel Dungeon.
- http://www.shatteredpixel.com/ || AUR, AUR
Role-playing games (RPG)
- Arx Libertatis — This project is a fully working, open source port of Arx Fatalis, a 2002 first-person role-playing game developed by Arkane Studios. It features some improvements over the original engine like bug fixes and wide screen support.
- https://arx-libertatis.org/ || AUR
- Egoboo — Open-source action RPG/dungeon crawling adventure with OpenGL 3D graphics.
- fheores2 — Attempt to reimplement the Heroes of Might and Magic II engine using SDL.
- Flare — Action game similar to Diablo.
- http://www.flarerpg.org/ || AUR
- FreedroidRPG — Mature science fiction role playing game set in the future
- GemRB — Attempt to reimplement the Bioware's Infinity Engine under GNU GPL.
- http://www.gemrb.org/ || AUR
- OpenMW — Attempt to reimplement the popular role-playing game Morrowind. OpenMW aims to be a fully playable, open source implementation of the game's engine.
- VCMI — Attempt to reimplement Heroes of Might and Magic III.
- http://forum.vcmi.eu/portal.php || AUR AUR
Shooters (FPS, third person)
- Alien Arena — Free, standalone FPS focused mainly on online multiplayer, but can also be played singleplayer against bots.
- AssaultCube — Free multiplayer FPS, based on the cube engine. Realistic environments, fast, arcade gameplay. Much like Counter-Strike.
- AssaultCube Reloaded — AssaultCube improved.
- http://acr.victorz.ca || AUR
- Cube 2: Sauerbraten — Improved version of the Cube engine.
- Doom: the famous shooter from ID Software has several ports for Linux. None of the id-engine games have copyleft game resources, only the game engine code was open sourced. See  for details.
- Doom 1 Demo data – AUR
- Brutal Doom — A gore-themed gameplay mod for Doom that was created in 2010 by Marcos Abenante (Sergeant_Mark_IV).
- http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom || AUR
- Note: Instructions at Brutal Doom#Installation show how to modify AUR directly without AUR. is required for in-game audio.
- Freedoom — Project aimed at creation of free Doom data files.
- http://www.nongnu.org/freedoom/ || AUR[broken link: package not found], AUR[broken link: package not found]
- Chocolate Doom — Doom port reproducing the behavior of the original DOS version.
- https://www.chocolate-doom.org/ || AUR
- Doomsday — Advanced port of the Doom game engine, capable also of running Heretic, and Hexen games.
- http://www.dengine.net/ || AUR
- GZDoom — Doom source port based on ZDoom with an OpenGL renderer.
- https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom || AUR
- PrBoom Plus — Enhanced version of the PrBoom Doom engine port.
- http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/ || AUR
- ZDoom — Enhanced Doom port with additional support for Heretic, Hexen and Strife.
- https://www.zdoom.org/ || AUR
- Doom 3 — Stock Doom 3 binaries
- http://www.idsoftware.com || AUR
- Doom 3 Engine — Source-based Doom 3 engine
- http://www.idsoftware.com || AUR
- dhemw3 — Fork of iodoom3
- https://github.com/dhewm/dhewm3 || AUR
- RBDOOM-3-BFG — Fork of Doom 3 BFG Edition
- https://github.com/RobertBeckebans/RBDOOM-3-BFG || AUR
- ezQuake — Fast paced multiplayer FPS focusing on movement and trick jumps. The popular, modern and maintained Quake/QuakeWorld client. Can play on-line for free
- eduke32 — Advanced source port.
- http://eduke32.com/ || AUR
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars — Commercial team and class-based multiplayer game. Full version requires retail DVD to play.
- HHeretic — Linux port of Raven Game's old shooter, Heretic.
- http://hhexen.sourceforge.net/hheretic.html || AUR
- Heretic Demo game data – AUR
- HHexen — Linux port of Raven Game's old shooter, Hexen.
- http://hhexen.sourceforge.net/hhexen.html || AUR
- Hexen 1 Demo game data – AUR
- Nexuiz — Free, open-source first person shooter. Development ceased, most of the developers moved to project Xonotic.
- nQuake — Fast paced multiplayer FPS focusing on movement and trick jumps. This is the popular Quake / QuakeWorld package, including ezQuake client, 24bit textures, maps, bots and more. Can play on-line for free.
- OpenArena — Fast multiplayer shooter based on the quake3-engine.
- http://openarena.ws || AUR
- Prey — First Person Shooter released in 2006 (with a GNU/Linux port in 2008), published by 3D Realms.
- Red Crucible®: Firestorm - Free to play online FPS – AUR
- Red Crucible®: Reloaded - Free to play online FPS – AUR
- Advanced Quake 1 game engine – AUR
- High quality textures for Quake from the Quake Revitalization Project – AUR
- Quake 2 — Built by Icculus
- https://www.icculus.org/quake2/ || AUR
- A true color retexture pak for Quetoo and other Quake2 engines supporting 32bpp tga textures – AUR
- Quake 2 engine focused on single player and 64bits. AUR
- Quake III Arena binaries – AUR
- ioquake3 — De-facto FOSS Quake 3 distribution.
- https://ioquake3.org/ || AUR
- Demo version – AUR
- Quake 4 engine – AUR
- Red Eclipse — Single-player and multi-player first-person ego-shooter, built as a total conversion of Cube Engine 2.
- http://redeclipse.net || AUR
- Tesseract — Smooth FPS with map editing, instagib, DM and CTF.
- http://tesseract.gg/ || AUR
- Tremulous — FPS with elements of real time strategy, featuring humans and aliens.
- http://tremulous.net/ || AUR
- Unreal Tournament (upcoming) — Free and open-source remake of the original using Unreal Engine 4
- Unvanquished — Team-based fps/rts hybrid game which pits aliens against humans. Monthly release that can be played on official servers.
- https://unvanquished.net/ || AUR
- Urban Terror — Modern multiplayer FPS based on the ioquake3 engine.
- http://urbanterror.info || AUR
- Warsow — Fast paced multiplayer FPS focusing on movement and trick jumps.
- Completely free, standalone, team-based, multiplayer FPS – AUR
- Advanced open source project and fully compatible client and server – AUR
- World of Padman — Stand slone somplex – cartoon-style multiplayer first-person shooter.
- Xonotic — Free, open-source first person shooter (a fork of Nexuiz but with modified gameplay).
- Beyond the Red Line — Completely free stand-alone conversion of Freespace 2 based on the TV show Battlestar Galactica. Presumed abandoned, see Diaspora: Shattered Armistice for an alternative.
- Endless Sky — Open source, 2D space trading and combat game similar to the classic Escape Velocity series.
- Flight Gear — Open-source, multi-platform flight simulator.
- http://www.flightgear.org/ || AUR
- Foobillard++ — Successor to Foobillard, OpenGL billiard game for Linux.
- FreeSpace 2 — Open sourced space emulator.
- Minetest — Voxel-based sandbox game engine and game.
- Naev — Open source, 2D space trading and combat game, taking inspiration from the Escape Velocity series.
- openBVE — Free-as-in-freedom train simulator placed in the public domain.
- Oolite — 3D space trading and combat simulator in the spirit of Elite.
- http://oolite.org/ || AUR
- Pioneer — Open source, 3D, freeform single player space adventure set in the Milkyway galaxy at the turn of the 31st century in the spirit of Frontier: Elite II.
- http://pioneerspacesim.net/ || AUR
- Pydance — Python Dance Dance Revolution style game.
- https://icculus.org/pyddr/ || AUR
- Terasology — Open source voxel world.
- http://terasology.org || AUR
- The Powder Toy — Open source physics sandbox game, which simulates air pressure and velocity, heat, gravity and a countless number of interactions between different substances.
- http://powdertoy.co.uk/ || AUR
- Voxelands — A fork of Minetest, an Infiniminer/Minecraft inspired game.
- http://www.voxelands.com/ || AUR
- 0 A.D. — 3D and historically-based real-time strategy game, alpha stage. Based on the Age of Empires series.
- Dark Oberon — Open source real-time strategy game similar to Warcraft II.
- Factorio — A proprietary game about mining resources, planning and building factories, automating production and fighting alien enemies.
- http://www.factorio.com/ || AUR
- Factorio demo — A proprietary game about mining resources, planning and building factories, automating production and fighting alien enemies. (Demo)
- http://www.factorio.com/ || AUR
- FTL: Faster Than Light — Popular rogue-like space-sim released to positive reception in 2012.
- Globulation 2 — Multiplayer RTS with some "economic" elements minimizing the amount of micromanagement.
- Heroes of Newerth — Online, multi-player strategy game that is based upon DoTA (Defense of the Ancients). Free-to-own (gameplay free; pay for cosmetic upgrades only)
- https://heroesofnewerth.com/ || AUR
- Kernel Panic — A game based around combat inside a computer, with 3 unique sides: the System, the Hacker and the Network waging war in a matrix of DOOM! No resource economy exists in KP, with the only constraints being time and space.
- MegaGlest — Fork of Glest, a 3D real-time strategy game in a fantastic world.
- Netpanzer — Real-time strategy game like Command and Conquer but without building bases.
- http://www.netpanzer.org/ || AUR
- OpenRA — Real-time strategy game written in C# and based on the Command & Conquer game franchise
- Spring:1944 — A WWII themed game with four fully functional sides (US, Germany, USSR, Britain), period-accurate units and strengths. Realism comes second only to creating a game that is fun and accessible to play. The game can be downloaded through SpringLobby, the official lobby client for the spring lobby.
- Unknown Horizons — 2.5D isometric real-time strategy simulation with an emphasis on economy and city building. Expand your small settlement to a strong and wealthy colony, collect taxes and supply your inhabitants with valuable goods. Increase your power with a well balanced economy and with strategic trade and diplomacy.
- Warzone 2100 — You command the forces of The Project in a battle to rebuild the world after mankind has almost been destroyed by nuclear missiles. The game offers campaign, multi-player, and single-player skirmish modes. An extensive tech tree with over 400 different technologies, combined with the unit design system, allows for a wide variety of possible units and tactics. The AUR package installs its videos (FS#55310).
- https://wz2100.net/ || AUR
- Widelands — Slow-paced strategy like "the Settlers 2".
- Zero-K — Zero-K is a free multi-platform open source real-time strategy computer game. Initially based on content from Total Annihilation on the open source Spring Engine, it was forked and all proprietary content replaced, and evolved into a completely new game with unique features. It can be easily installed by installing the flobby client from the AUR or alternatively (and preferably) by installing the official mono package and downloading and running the Zero-K lobby from the official website.
- http://zero-k.info/ || AUR
- Advanced Strategic Command — Turn-based strategy game in the tradition of the Battle Isle series.
- http://www.asc-hq.org/ || AUR
- Endgame Singularity — Turn-based single player strategy/simulation about a AI hiding, growing and evolving.
- Freeciv — Multiuser clone of the famous Microprose game of Civilization.
- FreeCol — Turn-based strategy game based on Colonization.
- KReversi — A reversi implementation. Part of .
- KsirK — A risk-styled game in which players try to conquer the world by deciding which area to be invaded next. Part of .
- OpenXCom — An open source implementation of the game UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-Com: UFO defence in North America), with a plethora of community created mods.
- https://openxcom.org || AUR, AUR
- An extended and more customisable version of Open X-COM (OXCE)  – AUR, AUR
- Mods for Open X-COM and OXCE AUR, AUR, AUR, AUR, AUR
- The Battle for Wesnoth — Free, turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring both single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer combat.
- UFO: Alien Invasion — Fight aliens trying to capture Earth.
- Lincity-ng — City simulation game in which you are required to build and maintain a city. You can win the game either by building a sustainable economy or by evacuating all citizens with spaceships.
- Konquest — A turn-based game in which the player wage wars by managing a fleet of spaceships and conquering other planets. Part of .
- Simutrans — Another Transport simulation that works on linux with sdl.
- OpenTTD — Open source clone of the Microprose game "Transport Tycoon Deluxe", a popular game originally written by Chris Sawyer. It attempts to mimic the original game as closely as possible while extending it with new features.
- OpenRCT2 — Free reimplementation of the game "RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (RCT2)" with multiplayer support. It requires a copy of the original game to play it.
- https://openrct2.org/ || AUR
- Juniper's Knot — Short game about boy and fiend.
- Katawa Shoujo — Bishoujo-style visual novel game that tells a story of a young man and five other girls suffering with varying disabilities.
- http://katawa-shoujo.com/ || AUR
- Narcissu — Visual novel, telling the story of a terminally ill young man and woman.
- http://narcissu.insani.org/ || AUR
|3D and historically-based real-time strategy game.|
|C++||Action||PD/GPL/WTFPL||Side-scroller action game that pits you against ruthless alien killers.|
|C||Rogue-Like||Freemium||AUR||Ancient Domains Of Mystery.|
|C||FPS||GPLv2||broken link: package not found]
|Free, standalone FPS focused mainly on online multiplayer, but can also be played singleplayer against bots.|
|Roguelike dungeon exploration game based on the writings of JRR Tolkien.|
|C/C++||FPS||ZLIB||Free multiplayer FPS, based on the cube engine. Realistic environments, fast, arcade gameplay. Much like Counter-Strike.|
|Blob Wars: Metal Blob Solid
|C/C++||Platform||GPLv2||2D platform shooting game.|
|C/C++||Tank FPS||LGPLv2.1/MPLv2||3D multiplayer tank first-person shooter game.|
|Cube 2: Sauerbraten
|C/C++||FPS||ZLIB||Successor to the Cube first-person shooter game with both single- and multi- player modes.|
|Turn based single player strategy/simulation about a AI hiding, growing and evolving.|
|Open-source, multi-platform flight simulator.|
|C||Simulation||GPLv2||AUR||Successor to Foobillard, OpenGL billiard game for Linux.|
|C/C++||TBS||GPLv2||Multiuser clone of the famous Microprose game of Civilization. Scripted using a Lua API.|
|Turn-based strategy game based on Colonization.|
|C/C++||RTS||GPLv3||Fork of Glest, a 3D real-time strategy game in a fantastic world.|
|An open-source implementation of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert engine using .NET/Mono and OpenGL. It has a Lua API for generating custom maps.|
AUR[broken link: package not found]
|An open-source remake of Transport Tycoon Deluxe. Scripted using the Squirrel programming language.|
|Python||Chess||GPLv3||An advanced chess client for Linux following the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines.|
|Java (legacy)||MMORPG||Freemium||AUR||Massive online medieval fantasy game by Jagex.|
|Classic 2D jump'n side-scroller game similar to the Super Mario Bros games, featuring Tux. Milestone 1 of the game was released in 2003 and is provided by supertux-old. Milestone 2, the current version of SuperTux in the Arch Linux community repository, was released in December 2015. It is scripted using the Squirrel programming language.|
|Free, 3D racing game where the characters racing are represented by open-source project mascots.|
|The Battle for Wesnoth
|Free, turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring both single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer combat.|
|The Mana World
|Serious effort to create an innovative free and open-source MMORPG.|
|First-person shooter/real-time strategy game in which aliens fight with humans.|
|C||FPS||GPLv2||AUR||Modern multiplayer FPS based on the ioquake3 engine.|
|3D real-time strategy game on a future Earth.|
|2D real-time strategy game similar to The Settlers. Scripted using a Lua API.|
|First-person shooter game that was forked from Nexuiz but with modified gameplay.|
- PCGamingWiki - "PCGamingWiki aims to list fixes and workarounds for every single PC game"
- ProtonDB - "The goal of ProtonDB is to gather reports from other gamers as they test games with Proton on Linux and provide aggregate scores of how well games perform. A growing pool of [...] tweaks".
- Linux Installers for Linux Gamers
- The Linux Gamers' Game List
- Linux game database
- Debian games portal, links, and suggested games
- ./play.it list of games
- Wikipedia:Category:Linux games
- Wikipedia:Humble Bundle
- Wikipedia:Game engine recreation
- itch.io Linux games
- Steam Linux store, List of Linux Steam games