Acer C710 Chromebook
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Over seven models exist.
Post Installation Configuration
Disabling The Hardware Write Protection
Warning: This section is a work in progress following it while this warning still exists will probably leave you with a non working system.
You would need an aluminium foil to short the hardware write-protection jumper.
- bridge write protect jumper
- disconnect power cord and battery
- void warrenty by removing base cover screw (pictured)
- bridge jumper with tin foil (pictured)
- remove power, battery, base cover and foil, replace base cover, battery, power
- Official developer information, straight from Chromium.org
- The ChrUbuntu script official Github
- The official ChrUbuntu script site for the older script. It has tips on cgpt commands and other info.
- Source for BIOS modification (for different device, this page shows correct procedure for C7)
- Acer C7: Entering Developer Mode
- Original C710 flash guide
- Return to stock guide (untested)