The Maintenance Team is ArchWiki's official group of users whose goal is supervising and fixing the edits that are made every day to the articles in the wiki.
How to join
Official Maintainers are usually chosen by the Administrators among the most active and collaborative users of the wiki, and personally invited to participate in the team. You can also explicitly present yourself as a candidate by contacting one of the Administrators. Maintainers belong to a particular group of wiki users with special rights. Administrators are implicit members of the team.
Common requisites for becoming a Maintainer are:
- Familiarity with community and wiki guidelines; will to collaborate and discuss with the other team members.
- Some free time and the commitment to contribute regularly enough.
- Patience, accuracy and tidiness.
- Experience in wiki editing and good knowledge of wiki syntax.
- Good knowledge of the structure of the ArchWiki and its style rules.
- Sufficient knowledge of Arch Linux and the subjects treated in the articles, or willingness to do some research or discuss with the edits' authors when fixing content-related issues.
If you are interested in joining the team, you can start making yourself visible to the community by helping with the common tasks, in particular help out with patrolling and contributing to the discussions that take place in the various talk pages.
Once elected, members should add their username to ArchWiki:Maintainers and also add a special tag in their user page: