Create a new page and its translation
- If you do not know how to edit wiki pages, read Help:Editing.
- Read Help:i18n, which contains comprehensive guidelines for ArchWiki internationalization and localization.
- Login to be able to edit the wiki.
- Choose a page to translate. You can use the random page function or translate a page in the list of priority pages[broken link: invalid section]. Let us take this very page as an example: ArchWiki Translation Team.
- At the top of the page, click the "edit" tab in the horizontal menu.
- Add an interlanguage link for the language you are going to create. See Help:i18n#Interlanguage links.
- Copy the entire page's source code.
- Save the page with the new interlanguage link.
- Visit the interlanguage link you have just created which will lead you to ArchWiki Translation Team (Language), where "Language" is the language name associated with the translation you are about to create.
- Since the new page does not exist, create it by clicking on "create" in the horizontal menu.
- You will be shown a simple text editor. Paste here the source code of the page you copied earlier.
- Change the "Category" links to their localized versions. For example, change
[[Category:ArchWiki (Language)]]. See Help:Category for more information.
- Change the interlanguage link that you created earlier to point to the article from which you are translating.
- Translate the copied page text and save everything, also adding a proper edit summary such as
translate [[ArchWiki Translation Team]].
- Update the interlanguage link lists of all the other translations of the article (if any) to include the interlanguage link of the newly-created translation.
- At the bottom of the translated page, there is a list of categories the page is included in. Check that all these categories exist, i.e. the links should not be red. Otherwise create all missing categories following the red links - categories are created the same way as regular pages.
- (optional) Create another page, e.g. Translated title of ArchWiki Translation Team, whose title will be a localized version of ArchWiki Translation Team (Language). Enter
#REDIRECT [[ArchWiki_Translation_Team_(Language)]]as its only content and save it.
List here articles that only exist in non-English languages, or that exist in English but are either not fully translated, or are in a worse state than the non-English version. Keep alphabetical order.