ArchWiki Translation Team
Create a new page and its translation
- If you do not know how to edit wiki pages, read Help:Editing.
- Read Help:i18n, which contains comprehensive guidelines for ArchWiki internationalization and localization.
- Login to be able to edit the wiki.
- Choose a page to translate. You can use the random page function or translate a page in the list of priority pages. The non-existent page Some Page is used as an example here.
- On the page you chose, click edit in the horizontal menu.
- Add an interlanguage link for the translation you are going to create. (See Help:i18n#Interlanguage links.)
- Copy the entire page's source code.
- Save the page with the new interlanguage link.
- Visit the interlanguage link you have just created which will lead you to Some Page (Some Language), where Some Language is the language name associated with the translation you are about to create.
- Since the new page does not exist, create it by clicking on create in the horizontal menu.
- You will be shown a simple WYSIWYG editor. Paste the source code of the page to be translated here.
- Change the Category to the localized version. For example, change
[[Category:Internationalization (Some Language)]]. See Help:Category for more info.
- Change the interlanguage link that you created earlier to point to the article from which you are translating.
- Translate the copied page text and save everything properly.
- Update the interlanguage lists of all other translations of the article (if any) to inculde the interlanguage link of the newly-created translation.
- Create a new ArchWiki page,
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Localized name of translated page, whose title is a localized version of Some Page (Some Language). Enter
#REDIRECT [[Some_Page_(Some Language)]]as its only content.
List here articles that only exist in non-English languages, or that exist in English but are either not fully translated, or are in a worse state than the non-English version. Keep alphabetical order.
|Acer Aspire 5740G (Español)||Spanish|
|Acer Aspire 5740G (Polski)||Polish|
|Collect system information (Español)||Spanish|
|DeaDBeeF (正體中文)||Chinese (Traditional)|
|IBM T43 (Česky)||Czech|
|Internet key Momo Design (Italiano)||Italian|
|Media Center (Italiano)||Italian|
|MYTHTV UNDERTHESTAIRS (Dansk)||Dansk|
|HP Nx7400 (Česky)||Czech|
|Palm Pre (Italiano)||Italian|
|PHC (Русский)||Russian||PHC contains older info|
|Shadowsocks (简体中文)||Chinese (Simplified)|
|Small Business Server (Italiano)||Italian||See also Category:Small Business Server (Italiano)|
|Tavolette Trust Aiptek (Italiano)||Italian|
|Tencent QQ (简体中文)||Chinese (Simplified)|