More generic title?
How about renaming this article to a more generic title like ArchWiki:Contributing, ArchWiki:Contributions, ArchWiki:Welcome or similar? We can expand this article and make it become the reference page for new contributors.
Please share your thoughts here.
-- Kynikos 07:18, 14 March 2012 (EDT)
- Another option: merging with ArchWiki:About? -- pointone 13:06, 15 March 2012 (EDT)
- Um... I think they have quite different scopes, About answers the questions "Who?", "What?", "Why?", and "How?" (quoted from its summary) while Tasks should answer the more specific questions What can I do to contribute?, Where does ArchWiki need my help?, thus making it useful only for aspiring contributors.
- Then let's remember that ArchWiki:About is the page linked from the "About ArchWiki" link in the footer of every page, which represents the standard "about" link that almost every website has, also being the place where people mainly go looking for contact information: I think its content should be kept to a very minimal amount.
- Honestly I was instead thinking of merging here ArchWiki:Requests#General requests thus using this page to list the tasks (and also some requests, since the meaning can overlap a bit) schematically without discussions, and using Requests only for specific requests and for discussing new ones.
- -- Kynikos 05:56, 16 March 2012 (EDT)
- Another option could be merging this article entirely with ArchWiki:Requests, using ArchWiki talk:Requests for discussing requests and the main page for just a quick summary of what's requested in the talk page; this idea is inspired from what we discussed in ArchWiki_talk:Maintenance_Team#Quick Reports vs. Reports. -- Kynikos 08:38, 17 March 2012 (EDT)
- +1 for Rename it to ArchWiki:Contributing. The meaning of Contributing and request are too far away. Often request means user request a change and then just leave. So I think we can keep the two seperate. But we can make a conclusion in ArchWiki talk:Requests and make out what is changed and what should be done. Something like a junior job section can list easy jobs there. Anyway, the current state of this page (stub,move flag) may scare some new comers away. -- Fengchao (talk) 04:44, 9 August 2012 (UTC)