Double redirects example
The example in ArchWiki:Contributing#Fix_double_redirects_pages has been fixed and it wasn't ideal to start with, as IMHO the proper way to fix it is to link to List_of_Applications#Pastebin_Clients. -- Karol (talk) 18:57, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think we can update the example every time the double redirect is fixed, it should be fine if we just leave it like that;
- I agree that the example is not ideal, right because the redirect target could be a specific section in the article: we'd better use a simpler example;
- The proper way to fix the double redirect (and only the double redirect) is correctly the one shown in the example; pointing it to a specific section cannot be considered a fix for the double redirect itself, but a further improvement of the redirect, so this shouldn't be done in ArchWiki:Contributing#Fix_double_redirects_pages, as it would be confusing for new users.
- -- Kynikos (talk) 15:19, 16 November 2012 (UTC)
While we're at it, do we have a rule that says we should link to the main 'List of applications 'page or should I link to e.g. the 'Internet' subpage instead? -- Karol (talk) 18:57, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
- No, we don't have such a rule. Personally I'd just leave this to personal choice, however if you or somebody else can provide some arguments in favour of one or the other way, maybe a style rule could be added. -- Kynikos (talk) 15:19, 16 November 2012 (UTC)