ArchWiki talk:Maintenance Team
Quick Reports vs. Reports
Is is really necessary to distinguish between "Quick Reports" and "Reports?" Why not simply direct maintenance team members to the already-existing ArchWiki:Reports page. (We can add a table at the bottom for use with Wiki Monkey.) -- pointone 12:01, 14 February 2012 (EST)
- Well, since the quick reports come before normal reports in the workflow, the table might better be put at the top of the page; this would also preserve the functionality of the + button at the top for adding a discussion. An alternative would be to move ArchWiki talk:Reports to ArchWiki talk:Maintenance Team, move ArchWiki:Reports to ArchWiki talk:Reports and leave only the table in ArchWiki:Reports.
- -- Kynikos 13:22, 14 February 2012 (EST)
Deleting old redirect pages
I've gone through a number of old redirects, and I've updated the pages that linked to them to point to the proper page, which means the old redirect pages can be deleted. Is there a special place or method to report these pages? I did see that some of them were deleted via recent changes patrolling, but I think a better way to report them is needed. Should a semi-permanent section on ArchWiki:Reports be created to list them so that an administrator can go through the whole list? -- Jstjohn (talk) 23:49, 19 June 2012 (UTC)
- Good job, however deleting unused redirects is not seen as a high-priority task; besides, the fact that a redirect has no backlinks doesn't mean it's useless, often redirects are created to ease searching for particular keywords, even in non-English languages. Of course, when looking for backlinks, also language backlinks should be taken into account, see Help:i18n#Finding articles with specific interlanguage links.
- Marking redirects with Template:Deletion is the correct way to request their deletion (without breaking the redirect code): admins know that Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:Deletion is the proper place to find the list of the pages marked for deletion, so there's no need to maintain another list manually :)
- -- Kynikos (talk) 10:26, 22 June 2012 (UTC)