Arch Linux AMIs for Amazon Web Services
Running public Arch AMIs
- ami-6ee95107 = US East (N. Virginia)
- ami-bcf77e8c = US West (Oregon)
- ami-337d5b76 = US West (N. California)
- ami-17595a63 = EU (Ireland)
- ami-6af9b938 = Asia Pacific (Singapore)
- ami-8cad138d = Asia Pacific (Tokyo)
- ami-6259807f = South America (Sao Paulo)
Verified working public arch liunx AMIs are below
AMI Store Build Release Kernel Last verified ami-07be766e EBS 64 bit 2011-04-15 3.0+ 2012-01-14 ami-19be7670 EBS 64 bit 2011-11-18 3.0+ 2012-01-14 ami-26e8144f EBS 32 bit 2011-04-15 2.6 2012-01-14 ami-38e81451 EBS 32 bit 2011-04-15 2.6 2012-01-14
These AMIs ship with Arch linux kernels that are booted by PV-GRUB.
(2012-01-14) The 64 bit AMIs consistently failed to boot on Micro instances in us-east-1a and us-east-1d. In us-east-1b and us-east-1c the AMIs occasionally fail to boot. Stop and start the instance to reassign it a random machine in these cases.
This may be an issue with Amazon running different versions of Xen on different machines / older availability zones.
Building Arch AMIs
linux-ec2 in AUR compiles the Arch linux kernel for AWS with Xen modules enabled and the XSAVE patch applied.
Up-to-date (as of 03/05/2013) Amazon EC2 AMI images for Arch Linux can be found here: