Difference between revisions of "System maintenance (简体中文)"
(use https for links to archlinux.org)
(update link(s) (avoid redirect))
|Line 59:||Line 59:|
*[[General #System administration]]
Revision as of 03:24, 17 February 2014
Read the News
Often, the developers will provide important information about required configurations and modifications for known issues. The Arch Linux user is expected to consult these places before performing an upgrade.
The Arch Linux News is posted here:  You can subscribe to the rss feed by adding:  to your favorite feed reading software. You can also get news by subscribing to the Arch Announce mailing list: .
Pay special attention to news items with "manual intervention required" in their header. You can avoid a lot of trouble and embarrassment by reading the instructions in these news announcements and following them.
# pacman -Syu
# pacman --sync --refresh --sysupgrade
/etc/pacman.conf 中定义的主软件包列表，进行所有可用的升级操作。此时可能会提示说 pacman 自己需要先进性升级，如果这样，请选择是并在完成后重新执行
pacman -Syu 。
请记住 Arch 是 滚动发布 的发行版。这意味着升级到新版本不需要重装或者重新建构。只需要定期执行
pacman -Syu 就可以将系统保持在最新前沿状态。升级后，系统完全是最新的。如果内核升级了，请记得 重新启动。
- When you update, check pacman output for instructions related to updated packages.
pacman -Qdtto find orphaned packages, and
pacman -Qo <file>to find out which package owns that particular file.
- Search for .pac* files and merge them with configuration files (see Pacnew and Pacsave Files).
- Check for out-of-date or unmaintained AUR packages on your system. Sometimes these can cause problems when you update.
- Check the size of
/varand clear pacman's cache once in a while. A useful tool to assist in this process is AUR.
- Check disk (use fstab options to check at boot)
- Search logs for errors (list scripts, tools to make this easier/more automated)
- Look into errors as soon as possible - do not leave them unattended to.
- Linking random libraries together to get a program to work.
- Updating once a year.
- Copy-pasting commands into the terminal without at least reading man pages to understand what you are doing to your system.
- Clearing the entire package cache using
pacman -Scc- this removes the possibility to do package downgrades in cases of breakage.