The following packages provide Atom:
- atom from the unofficial atom repository. Note: Bugs regarding binary packages from the atom repository can be reported on GitHub. Bugs regarding Atom itself should be reported upstream.
Its packages can be installed from within Atom itself or from the command-line using the apm command. The correct syntax of apm is:
$ apm install package_name1 package_name2 package_name3 ...
Several packages come preinstalled with Atom, notable packages that are not, include:
- build which enables Atom to compile source code.
- git-plus which allows one to manage git repositories from within Atom.
- language-archlinux which provides syntax-highlighting for PKGBUILDs (if installed along with the language-unix-shell package) along with support for running several tests and other actions on PKGBUILDs without a terminal (including makepkg, namcap, updpkgsums, etc.).
- markdown-writer which turns Atom into an efficient Markdown writer.
- script which enables Atom the ability to run scripts, based on file names.
Environment variables not sourced
You may experience some problems with packages using environments variables, like go-plus (
$GOPATH not found). Moreover, it only appears when atom is opened by your file manager. (Because this one is DBUS-spawned, thus it does not inherit variables defined in
A solution is to make available your variables to DBUS-spawned processes, by following Systemd/User#Environment variables.
More info on this issue in Environment variables#Per user.
Unable to delete files
For example, for deleting files under Plasma:
$ ELECTRON_TRASH=kioclient5 atom
At the time of writing, Electron supports
gvfs-trash (default). More info is available at this Github pull request page.
Black window content on startup
With some video devices, such as the one for VirtualBox guests, Atom wont render the window content without GPU acceleration disabled by starting it with the
--disable-gpu flag, or by editing
.atom/config.cson and adding/changing the config parameter
useHardwareAcceleration: false under the
Spell Checker not working
Make sure you have hunspell installed with a suitable dictionary pack.