Jump to navigation Jump to search
To automatically run programs:
- on bootup / shutdown, use systemd
- on user login / logout, use systemd/User services
- periodically at certain times, dates or intervals, use systemd/Timers or Cron
- once at a date and time, use systemd/Timers or
- on filesystem events use an inotify event watcher, like , or AUR
- on shell login / logout, see Command-line shell#Configuration files
- on Xorg startup, you can use:
- on desktop environment startup, if it has an ArchWiki article, see its Autostart section. Most desktop environments implement XDG Autostart.
- on window manager startup, if it has an ArchWiki article, see its Autostart section.